Applications due 07/13/19
Assistant Coach for Swimming and Diving
Canisius is a member of the Division I Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference. The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Coach for Swimming and Diving. This is a part-time position.
- Instruct and evaluate well-prepared student-athletes.
- Organize and execute individual skill instruction for players.
- Schedule and coordinate conditioning drills and workouts in conjunction with assigned strength training coach.
- Assist with academic advisement, monitoring and development of student-athletes.
- Recruit qualified student athletes for Canisius College swimming and diving program.
- Assist with team travel and recruiting trip arrangements.
- Assist with coordinating official and unofficial visits, written correspondence and telephone communications.
- Ensure the swimming and diving program is administered with constant commitment to compliance with all institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Competing and/or coaching experience at the Division I level is preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is preferred.
- Previous experience supervising, communicating with, and instructing student-athletes is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work with a diverse population of student-athletes, parents, coaches, and administrators.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a positive driving record per the college’s insurance provider (or upon moving to NYS obtain a NYS driver’s license within NYS DMV residency guidelines after hire).
How to Apply
The Office of Human Resources at Canisius College utilizes an online recruitment management system.
Individuals who need reasonable accommodations under the ADA in order to participate in the search process should contact the Office of Human Resources at (716) 888-2240.
To apply, go to https://www.canisius.edu/about-canisius/employment-canisius. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include your cover letter and resume with your application.
Canisius College, a Catholic and Jesuit University, has as its foundation the fundamental values of academic excellence, leadership, faith and social justice. Canisius is committed to educating and preparing men and women to become leaders in their professions and their communities, and in service to humanity. The college is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruiting, supporting, and fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students.