Location: 916 King Rd, Ashland, OH, USA
|Ashland University is an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC), one of the most highly respected NCAA Division II conferences in the country. Ashland University offers a comprehensive 23-sport athletic program. The university is located off of Interstate 71 in Ashland, Ohio, midway between Cleveland and Columbus.Position Summary:
Ashland University is seeking applications for the position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming and Diving Coach. The assistant swimming and diving coach is required to recruit off campus and be involved with on-campus visits. This position will assist the head coach in developing the overall recruiting plan. This position reports to the Head Swimming and Diving Coach and the Athletic Director and could include other duties including event management and representing the athletic department at various functions.
|Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches proper technique and skill development in various aspects of swimming. Candidates should have a complete and thorough understanding of the sport and be able to instruct student-athletes in small group and one-on-one settings.
- Ability to instruct student-athletes on physical health, team concepts and team building exercises, team development techniques and safety.
- A thorough understanding of NCAA and GLIAC rules and regulations is required. The assistant coach must adhere to these rules and helps ensure that the program is in compliance with all rules, regulations and guidelines. The ability to articulate these to student-athletes is also required.
- Assists the head coach in monitoring academic progress of all student-athletes on the team and works with various constituencies across campus to ensure that student-athletes receive the proper academic counseling and assistance.
- An understanding of Ashland University’s mission and goals is required. Applicants must have the ability to explain these to student-athletes.
- Assists with the supervision of multiple practices and events with two teams.
- Assists in plans for travel.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Candidates must have the ability to successfully impart knowledge on various training techniques and strokes in swimming.
- Previous coaching and/or swimming experience on the college level is highly desired.
- Candidates should be lifeguard, CPR, AED and first aid certified or able to attain certification upon employment.
- The ability to identify and recruit student-athletes is required.
- This position requires well-developed communication skills, as well as strong time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to work weekends and evenings is required. This position requires extensive travel, both in recruiting and to meets.
Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references when applying. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Ashland University meets fully its obligation of nondiscrimination under federal and state laws and is actively committed to diversity in its workplace. Employment will require a criminal background check.
How to Apply
Email documents to [email protected]