Applications due 07/07/18
South Pasadena Sea Tigers Swim Team is currently seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Age Group Swim Team Coach to work with developmental and age group swimmers. Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Age Group Coach is responsible for all aspects of coaching assigned age groups of the South Pasadena Sea Tigers Swim Team program, including on-deck and at meets. Candidate must be a team player with a positive attitude and passion for teaching the fundamental stroke techniques. Must be patient with children, is a role model for swimmers of all ages and committed to fostering a positive and healthy environment.
- Current USA Swimming Coach Member in good standing (background, CPR, First Aid)
• Competitive Swim Coaching experience or Extensive competitive swimming experience preferred
• Current American Swim Coaches Association (ASCA) Member (Level 2 or higher preferred)
• Technical knowledge/experience or willing to learn: Teamunify’s web/mobile platforms
• Ability to work with swimmers of different ages and ability levels
• Strong technique background and teaching base
• Passionate about the sport of swimming
- Must be able to follow directions and communicate in English verbally. Must have good problem solving skills and have the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
- Exemplify the structure, philosophy and direction of the South Pasadena Sea Tigers Swim Team program
- Develop and implement group/individual goals for assigned age group(s)
- Attend all meets, evaluate races and re-evaluate training/goals for group/individuals accordingly
- Will require afternoon, evening and weekend hours and early morning hours (when applicable)
- Participate in group team building activities – coaches and swimmers
- Adhere to practice schedules, meet schedule and training program design with input from South Pasadena Sea Tigers Swim Team coaching staff
- Complete meet entries for age groups as needed; know requirements and act with integrity
- Coordinate with other coaches to ensure a seamless transition when swimmers advance to the next group
- Evaluate individual swimmers performance in meets and re-evaluate training/goals for group/individuals accordingly
- Respond to member/parent/swimmer inquiries/comments, phone calls and e-mails in a timely manner (typically within 24 hours of receipt of inquiry)
- Carry out facility operations, policies and procedures
- Meet with Head Coach / Assistant Coach (es) monthly or other frequency as determined by the Head Coach
- Contribute to content of swim team newsletter as needed
- Greet, acknowledge, and interact with members at all times.
- Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain positive relationships with all participants.
How to Apply
Applicants should email resumes, availability and salary requirements to: [email protected]
Sea Tigers Board / Pat Armstrong