Applications due 06/10/22
Date posted: June 1, 2022
Location: 285 Madison Ave, Madison, NJ, USA
The ARETE Swim Camp seeks one good coach/counselor that loves swimmers and swimming, and is willing to work five long days to give our swimmers a great experience. Our 24th year of camp will be conducted Sunday June 26 to Thursday June 30 at Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, New Jersey. A three hour training period is also required which can be conducted by Zoom if necessary.
Three-time USA National Team Coach, and soon to be American Swimming Coaches Association Hall of Fame Coach Chuck Warner, is the camp founder, director and works with the camp and staff every day. We offer a daily curriculum of experiential games, technical development and fun to help each of our campers stive for their greatest potential.
This unique blend of inner and outer development of the campers has caused some to call the ARETE Swim Camp, “the best swim camp in the world.”
Our four core points of focus of the camp are:
- Immediate Skill Improvement
- Self-image Development
- Wow!! Experiences
Coach/counselor responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
- 24 hours supervision for a group of about twelve campers.
- Two ninety-minute swim sessions that you will assist in instruction
- Help w/video recording and analyzing with your group.
- Assisting with Inner Engineering.
- Coordinating planned activities for campers during unscheduled time.
- Attendance and monitoring at lectures and other scheduled camp activities
- Registration and checkout beginning 6/26/22 at 11 am, ending 6/30/22 at 5 pm.
- Staff training module 6/24/22 10 am-1 pm or by Zoom (an alternative time can be arranged).
- Other duties as assigned by camp director
Compensation: $500-800 stipend, room, board, shirts, plus time with a terrific staff and eager group of swimmers.
How to Apply
Please send resume and letter of interest to [email protected]
322 East Shore Trail, Sparta, NJ 07871