Location: 1015 W Columbia Ave, Moses Lake, WA 98837, USA
The Mercer Island Beach Club is looking for a responsible and engaged leader in the King County area who is excited to develop and manage our Aquatics team and programs. You thrive on serving children and families, are a certified lifeguard, display positive communication skills and can manage a dynamic team. You will ensure that day to day operations run smoothly and that members and program participants have an exceptional experience. Additionally, you will ensure compliance with health and safety laws. This position reports to the General Manager.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Develop the breadth and depth of aquatics programming including but not limited to swim lessons, swim team, private lessons, clinics etc. while meeting fiscal aquatics objectives.
- Provide swim instruction/coaching for swim team, group and private lessons.
- Recruit, hire, train and manage aquatics staff including: lifeguards, swim instructors and seasonal (swim/dive/water polo) coaches.
- Oversee summer swim team program (200+ swimmers).
- Effectively communicate with members, staff and volunteers.
- Maintain a high quality of customer service, observing and enforcing Club standards.
- Manage regular Lifeguard In-Service trainings to meet safety standards.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed.
- Identify potential safety concerns and accident prevention.
- Ensure all incident, accident and rescue reports are properly prepared, filed, and in a timely fashion, brought to the attention of the GM.
- Ensure accurate and timely records of class attendance for the purpose of billing.
- Ensure accurate time cards, work schedules and staff certifications.
- Other duties as assigned contributing to the team effort.
Summary of Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma, Bachelor Degree (preferred)
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certification (preferred, willingness to obtain)
- Current Water Safety Instructor Certification (preferred, willingness to obtain)
- Previous swim instruction experience.
- Previous coaching experience (preferred)
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Ability and experience to train and manage employees.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Strong customer service, people and team building skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, Google, scheduling software etc.).
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both written and verbal.
- Maturity, positive attitude and demonstrated willingness to work hard in a team environment.
Schedule and Physical Demands
- Must have the physical ability to perform rescue and teaching techniques.
- Flexible schedule available to work evenings and occasional weekends.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Full time position. Compensation DOE. Medical, dental, vision benefits and monthly cell phone stipend available.
Mercer Island Beach Club | 8326 Avalon Drive, Mercer Island, WA 98040 www.mibeachclub.com
How to Apply
Email resume to [email protected]
8326 Avalon Drive