Applications due 07/30/21
Date posted: July 9, 2021
Location: 195 Danbury Road, Ridgefield, CT, USA
Responsible for the daily operations, staff and activities of two indoor recreation pools and a seasonal fresh water pond/beach. Duties include lifeguarding and class instruction, including American Red Cross swim lessons. Varied work schedule includes weekdays and one weekend day (40 hrs/week). Current Schedule: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (9:45am-6:45pm), Friday (5:45am-2:45pm), Saturday (8:30am-5:30pm)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises the lifeguards and water safety instructor staff to ensure appropriate techniques and adequate safety procedures are being followed.
- Provides on-going training/orientations for all new lifeguards in department policies and procedures, corrects behavior as necessary.
- Enforces all rules and regulations established by Parks and Recreation, and the lifeguard staff enforces rules and regulations consistently.
- Inspects and maintains rescue equipment, first aid station, backboard, etc., and assures they are in good working order.
- Maintains a sanitary pool area free from defective equipment and unsafe or unhealthy conditions.
- Works with Wellness Operations Supervisor and Aquatic Coordinators to ensure that all staff know their assigned shifts/classes, covering when necessary and keep patrons informed of pool rules and regulations. Coordinates coverage when a shift is not covered.
- Teaches multiple swim lessons to a wide range of ages and abilities; Evaluates program effectiveness and recommends changes as needed.
- Maintains accurate records on a computer, and ensures all necessary paperwork (accident/incident reports) is completed in a timely manner.
- Cross-trained in other Aquatic Coordinator duties and performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance as required by the position.
Full mobility in order to teach swimming in the water and rescue any adult or child in distress; ability to maneuver around an indoor pool and quickly respond in an emergency; ability to sit, stand, bend, reach, swim, dive, climb; lift up to 50 lbs. regularly; Provide emergency patron assistance as necessary; when working at fresh water pond environment must easily move on sand, climb guard chairs, walk uphill to location and guard shack, move lifeguard and pond equipment (sometimes with assistance).
- Minimum 18 years of age or older
- Must be certified by American Red Cross in Lifeguard Training, First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Water Safety Instruction
- Must be Waterfront Certified or become certified within 6 months of hire
- Must have prior supervisory level experience for pool/waterfront facility and lifeguarding (2 years preferred)
- Must have a valid driver’s license in order to move between facilities
- Must pass background investigation, post-offer drug screen and pre-employment physical
CURRENT SALARY: $45,000 -$47,000 to start
How to Apply
Apply to Human Resources at [email protected] or fax (203-431-2328) or mail us your resume to Town of Ridgefield 400 Main Street, Ridgefield, CT 06877 -Attn: Human Resources