Applications due 10/30/21
Date posted: October 18, 2021
Location: 59 Paul Robeson Place, Princeton, NJ, USA
Under the direction of the Senior Director, Programs & Operations, the Aquatics Director is responsible for the management and operation of the Princeton Family YMCA’s aquatics programs; pool and lifeguard schedules, Red Cross certifications, YMCA swim lessons, competitive swim teams, water aerobics, etc. S/he assists in the development and oversight of the budget. S/he recruits, trains, and develops aquatics staff. S/he oversees program operations at the Princeton Family YMCA and any offsite programming related to aquatics. S/he ensures proper care and use of assets, that the pool is maintained, records are accurate, quality checks are conducted regularly, and all class schedules are comprehensive enough to serve the majority of the membership. S/he successfully promotes and markets programs, special initiatives and events. S/he follows and enforces safety standards and other policies and procedures. S/he participates as member of the Leadership Team and the YMCA Annual Campaign.
This is a “non-traditional” work week position and must also be available to work occasional weekends, early mornings, and evenings.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Conducts and ensures proper maintenance of pools. Secures and schedules pool facilities.
- Conducts lifeguarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR trainings.
- Creates and schedules swim classes, water fitness classes, and swim team practices
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Establishes new program activities and expands programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans. Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- S/he performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Email resume to [email protected]
59 Paul Robeson Place Suite 1
Princeton, NJ 08540