Applications due 07/10/21
Date posted: June 1, 2021
Location: 555 E 90th St, New York, NY 10128, USA
Asphalt Green Unified Aquatics (AGUA), located in New York City, is seeking an experienced and energized full-time coach to lead our satellite location in Battery Park City and serve as primary group coach to 12 & under swimmers. Successful candidates will be determined, driven individuals who ready to commit to our core values, goals, and mission (aguaswim.com).
AGUA is a USA Swimming Gold Medal Club that has achieved Level 4 Club Recognition and is home to 300+ athletes. Our alumni include Olympic medalists and USA Swimming National and National Junior Team members. We are located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side with a satellite program in Battery Park City (www.asphaltgreen.org). The team is focused on excellence and inclusion, with a robust scholarship program and institutional support.
- Primary coach for Age Group 1, Age Group 2 & Age Group 3 at the Battery Park City location. 15-20 hours of on-deck coaching per week; assist other groups as needed, including those at our Upper East Side location.
- Collaborate with AGUA coaching staff to implement, expand upon and re-enforce our established training curriculum.
- Participate in travel/swim meets as required.
- Foster strong communication throughout AGUA including with parents, coaches and athletes.
- Plan and execute team-building and social functions.
- Perform assigned administrative tasks relating to the team and Asphalt Green.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of coaching experience
- Working knowledge of Team Unify and Meet Manager
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A member in good standing with USA Swimming
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Collegiate swimming experience
- Club level swimming experience
- Film/video knowledge
- Enthusiasm and desire for continuing coaching education
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
555 East 90th St.
Attn: Human Resources
New York, NY 10128