Date posted: December 3, 2021
Location: Los Banos Del Mar Pool, Shoreline Drive, Santa Barbara, CA, USA
SANTA BARBARA SWIM CLUB is looking for an enthusiastic coach that can help develop novice 12 and under athletes into competitive swimmers. Prospective candidates will align their coaching with the policy and procedures set forth by the Santa Barbara Swim Club and to assist the Head Coach.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Embrace and advocate the Santa Barbara Swim Club Culture
- Passion for coaching and working with age group athletes
- Comprehension of stroke development and technique fundamentals
- Basic understanding of dryland training for developmental athletes
- Plan, prepare, and conduct group practices in accordance with our curriculum for the Santa Barbara Swim Club.
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach
- Assist with set up & tear down of all SBSC hosted age group/senior level meets
- Assist with SBSC Staff in facilitating Events (SBSC hosted or community events)
- Commit to continued coaching education
- On Job Time Requirements:
- Attend all assigned staff meetings
- Attend the assigned meets for the practice group
- Entries for the assigned practice group are complete and correct
- Arrival at practice and meets at minimum 15 min prior to arrival of athletes
- Will require afternoon, evening and weekend hours
- Communicate all actions regularly between Head Coach
- Excellent email communication to parents with timely response (within 24 hrs)
- Continually assess goals with athletes and communicate to parents in a patient and respectable manner
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor and sportsmanship for the athletes
- Create an educational, safe and inviting experience for all participants
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has occasional employee supervisory responsibilities.
How to Apply
Prospective Candidates may submit a letter of interest to Mike Bechtholdt at [email protected]