Location: 12332 Ranch Road 620 North, Austin, TX, USA
Waterloo Swimming, LP (WS) is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable Swim Coach to direct/lead one of our age group swim groups at Waterloo Swimming. You will be responsible for working with an assistant coach helping you run this group. Entering Waterloo Swimming you will be going through our Rotation Program…learning our swim lessons business, leading programs, assisting Lead Coaches and becoming a Lead Coach.
Duties and skills of the Lead Swim Coach include but are not limited to:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Waterloo Swimming policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of Waterloo Swimming.
- Grow, coach, oversee, and manage our Waterloo Swimming program by writing and executing workouts, attending meets, entering swimmers into meets via software, running clinics, and social functions. Teach proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics
- Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with fundraisers, special events and team-builders, clinics, camps, evaluation process, attend home and away meets, and participate in coaches’ education opportunities.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within Waterloo Swimming and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches. Recommend group practice assignments for each swimmer. Substitute for other coaches as needed. Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries and attend assigned swim meets.
- Interact effectively with parents
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach. Maintaining a safe pool environment during practices (water quality checks/pool area clean up/etc)
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers. Exhibit daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential
- Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position.
- Work with the Waterloo Leadership Team to make the program the preeminent swim program in Texas. Work within our Waterloo culture of being an Athlete-Centric center of excellence; getting Results through FUNdamentals; supporting Attendence+Effort=Success philosophy; and, building out our #swimfamily culture
How to Apply
- Five years + of swim coaching experience
- Coaching membership in good standing with USA swimming including their required certification
- Experience with Team Unify and Microsoft applications.
- Current ASCA Membership (level 2 or higher is preferred, but not required). A college degree is preferred.
Email your resume to [email protected]