Applications due 07/30/18
Waterloo Swimming, LP (WS) is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable Lead Swim Coach to direct/lead our advanced age group development swim group at Waterloo Swimming. This group of 70 swimmers are 9-12 year olds and ready for your leadership to help get them scoring at TAGS and STAGS. You will be responsible for working with an assistant coach helping you run this group.
Duties and skills of the Lead Swim Coach include but are not limited to:
- Abide by the American Swimming Coaches Association Code of Ethics, the USA Swimming Code of Conduct, and Waterloo Swimming policies and procedures.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct team practices in accordance with our curriculum, practice schedules, and be supportive of the overall philosophy and direction of Waterloo Swimming.
- Grow, coach, oversee, and manage our Waterloo Swimming program by writing and executing workouts, attending meets, entering swimmers into meets via software, running clinics, and social functions. Teach proper swim techniques and stroke mechanics
- Is willing and motivated to work/be involved on multiple fronts within the organization- leading or assisting with fundraisers, special events and team-builders, clinics, camps, evaluation process, attend home and away meets, and participate in coaches’ education opportunities.
- Assist other coaches/instructors as needed within Waterloo Swimming and communicate regularly with counterpart group coaches. Recommend group practice assignments for each swimmer. Substitute for other coaches as needed. Prepare and submit swimmers’ meet entries and attend assigned swim meets.
- Interact effectively with parents
- Keep records and reports as directed by the Head Coach. Maintaining a safe pool environment during practices (water quality checks/pool area clean up/etc)
- Model proper dress, language, demeanor, and sportsmanship for swimmers. Exhibit daily a passion for helping swimmers maximize their potential
- Possess USA Swimming certifications and credentials commensurate with the position.
- Work with the Waterloo Leadership Team to make the program the preeminent swim program in Texas. Work within our Waterloo culture of being an Athlete-Centric center of excellence; getting Results through FUNdamentals; supporting Attendence+Effort=Success philosophy; and, building out our #swimfamily culture
Commensurate upon experience.
Preferred qualifications include
- Five years + of swim coaching experience
- Coaching membership in good standing with USA swimming including their required certification
- Experience with Team Unify and Microsoft applications.
- Current ASCA Membership (level 2 or higher is preferred, but not required). A college degree is preferred.
Reports To: This position will report directly to the WS Head Coach.
Work schedule is defined in the Offer Letter and is subject to those considerations as schedules could flex up (or down) as the # of Swimmers dictates. Attendance is critical in this position in order to provide continuity for the program. Please contact Mike Varozza with advanced notice on absences and coverage plans.
How to Apply
Send resume to: [email protected]