Applications due 11/01/21
Date posted: September 24, 2021
Location: 2600 Mendon Rd, Cumberland, RI, USA
Anglerfish Aquatics is a coach-owned program serving the greater Providence and Boston area. Our team consists of 60+ number full-time swimmers, an additional 50 part-time swimmers, and a swim lesson program. Our home pool is an indoor, six lane 5 25 yard pool with outdoor facility access including a track, indoor gym. The team is young and in 3 short years had emerged as one of the top programs in New England at the age group and senior team levels and has developed Nationally ranked swimmers.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, organized, and professional swim coach to serve as both the assistant for our Elite group, and Head Coach of our age group practices. The right person possesses strong communication skills, is knowledgeable of the TeamUnify platform, and knows how to write a workout and season plan for the 10-14 age groups. This position will include administrative duties outside of those required for the head coach of a practice group.
• Head coach for our 3-B (11-14 years old) six practices per week, 11.5 months out of the year.
• Assistant coach for our elite National group 6-8 practices per week, 11.5 months out of the year.
• Attend 1-2 swim meets a month (both local and travel) as assigned by head coach.
• Oversee athlete progression and contribute to upward trajectory of athletes through all levels of the program.
• Perform administrative duties (8-10 hours per week) including scheduling of staff, assisting head coach in oversight and mentoring of staff, parent communication, and contribution to the team’s various social media accounts. Other administrative duties to be assigned.
• Participate and engage in program season and future planning exercises.
• Oversight and management of one major fundraising activity per year.
• Preferred 4+ years of USA Swimming team coaching leading high level age group (11+ year olds) or senior level swimmers.
• Currently credentialed USA Swimming coach (all current USA Swimming coach member requirements either fulfilled or able to be immediately re-certified).
• Proven ability to foster an environment of inclusion and excellence in swimming through dryland, in-water practices, other team activities, and competitions.
• Understands proper technique, stroke development, and advanced aerobic training for age group and senior swimmers.
• An interest in continuing education. We are looking for a coach who is continually striving to gain more knowledge, be curious, and share this knowledge with the swimmers and fellow staff members
Additional Qualifications (not required by highly sought):
• Knowledge of Meet Manager platform
• Previous experience as a swim meet Operational Risk (Safety) Director
• Previous experience as a staff member for an LSC Zone team or camp
Minimum Salary – $40,00
weekday hours: Mondays – Thursdays 3:30- 7:30p
Benefits include meet travel expenses covered or reimbursed, paid professional development (clinic/conference attendance), and a small stipend for relocation expense (if necessary).
There is also the opportunity to make significant additional income through swim lessons and clinics.
How to Apply
Email Jeffrey Miksis [email protected] with resume. Call 401-632-2744