2019 YMCA LONG COURSE NATIONAL SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS
- July 30th-August 3rd, 2019
- Eppley Recreation Center, College Park, Maryland
- LCM (50m)
- Meet site
- Psych Sheets
- Meet Mobile:
- “2019 LCYNationals” for the main meet
- “2019 LCYNationals TT only” for time trial swims
Last night’s 200 back champ, Bradford Y’s Paige Hetrick is the top qualifier by four tenths in the girls 100 back – and she’s not far off the YMCA National record.
Hetrick went 1:02.84 this morning. She was actually 1:01.73 last month, and repeating that time would smash the Y National record of 1:02.14 held by Camryn Forbes from 2016. Hetrick was about a second off her lifetime-best in the 200 last night, though.
Hetrick has a pair of top-3 qualifying spots, after she went 2:03.41 in the 200 free. 17-year-old Abigail Doss of Susquehanna qualified first in that event in 2:03.05. That’s almost three seconds faster than her seed, but still shy of the 2:02 she put up at this meet last year.
Upper Perkiomen’s Justin Heimes is the top 100 back qualifier on the boys side, going 58.03. That’s a tight field, with the entire top 6 qualifying between 58.0 and 58.9.
Somerset Valley’s Victoria Eisenhauer had the fastest 50 breast time at 33.00. She’s about a half-second off of Jessie McMurray’s national record. Eisenhauer took two tenths off her lifetime-best, set at this meet one year ago.
Other top qualifiers this morning:
- 17-year-old Richie Trentalange of Red Bank went 29.41 to lead the boys 50 breast.
- McKenzie Campbell had a three-second drop to lead the girls 400 IM. The Greenboro 18-year-old was 4:57.12.
- B R Ryall 17-year-old James Doromal leads a tight 400 IM field – he was 4:34.35, but Red Bank’s Sammy Rennard (4:34.50), Western’s Billy Regan (4:34.66) and Somerset Hills’ Lukas Scheidl (4:34.85) are all lurking within half a second.
- KJ Losee of Rapid Area went 1:54.61, taking about a second off his personal best time to lead the boys 200 free.
- Red Bank led the girls 200 medley relay in 1:59.47. Powel Crosley Jr Y qualified atop the boys relay at 1:46.68.