2018 KMSC PRO-AM CLASSIC
Sandpipers of Nevada’s Erica Sullivan has been on fire all weekend, and she closed out her weekend of freestyle domination with a minute-plus win in the mile. Her time of 15:36.52 ranks her 3rd all-time in the 17-18 age group, behind only Katie Ledecky and Katie Hoff.
U.S. ALL-TIME RANKINGS – 1650 FREE – 17-18
- Katie Ledecky – 15:13.30 (2014)
- Katie Hoff – 15:24.35 (2008)
- Erica Sullivan – 15:36.52 (2018)
- Kate Ziegler – 15:37.17 (2006)
- Janet Evans – 15:39.14 (1990)
Sullivan was out in 4:41.04, flipping at 9:25.56 at the 1000. She maintained 56’s nearly the whole way throughout, save for a few 57-lows and -mids in the latter portion of the race. Her time would’ve placed 3rd at NCAAs last year, behind only Ledecky (15:07.47) and current senior Ally McHugh (15:36.27).
In the men’s mile, distance specialist Clark Smith of Longhorn Aquatics took the title at 14:50.91, well ahead of runner-up Brennan Gravley of Sandpipers of Nevada (15:11.65).
- Sandpipers’ Reese Hazan took over two seconds off of her best in the 200 back, winning it in 1:56.71. Taking on the 200 fly shortly after, Hazan hit another PR with a best of 1:56.87 to take the win.
- Wichita Swim Club’s Ben Patton posted a 1:46.91 to take the men’s 200 back. Patton doubled up with the 100 free, taking it with a 45.18.
- Lobo’s Sefilina Maile was 49.77 to take the women’s 100 free.
- At the time of posting, the men’s 200 fly and the men’s and women’s 50 breast were not yet updated on Meet Mobile.