2022 EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS
- August 11th – August 17th (pool swimming)
- Parco Del Foro Italico, Rome, Italy
- LCM (50m)
- Live Results
The 2022 European Championships are nearly upon us with the pool swimming action kicking off on Thursday, August 11th.
The entry lists have been published, giving us a glimpse into the matchups ready to take place at Parco Del Foro Italico on both the men’s and women’s sides over the course of the 7-day affair.
As for Hungary’s 200m fly world record holder Kristof Milak, the 22-year-old is entered in the 100m free, 200m free, 100m fly and 200m fly.
The aforementioned competed at the just-concluded Commonwealth Games, with Scott coming off of a bout with COVID-19. He opted out of this year’s World Championships, but the versatile ace bounced back with a massive 6 medals at the Games in Birmingham, including 200m free and 200m IM golds.
- Both Russia and Belarus are banned from this year’s European Championships. Per our report published on March 3rd of this year, “LEN strongly condemns the actions of the Russian government supported by Belarus, in its invasion of Ukraine. “This act of war has shattered the lives of Ukrainian citizens and is totally against the spirit of sport.”
- Romanian Robert Glinta is absent from the start lists, as is Hugo Gonzalez of Spain. Both were medalists last year in Budapest, Hungary. France’s Florent Manaudou is also opting out of this competition.
- Denmark’s Pernille Blume, the fiance of Manaudou, will not be competing.