2019 INTERNATIONAL SWIMMING LEAGUE – EUROPEAN DERBY
- Saturday, November 23 – Sunday, November 24, 2019
- 5:00-7:00 PM Local Time (12:00 noon – 2:00 PM, U.S. Eastern Time)
- London Aquatics Centre – London, England
- Short Course Meters (SCM) format
- European franchises: Aqua Centurions, Energy Standard, Iron, London Roar
- Start Lists
- Day 1 Complete Results (with Corrected MVP Standings)
Another meet meant more near-best times for Australian swimmer Minna Atherton, competing this weekend for the host London Roar at the European derby of the International Swimming League.
Atherton swam a 1:59.25, which is just .02 seconds away from Katinka Hosszu‘s World Record in the event. At her last meet in Budapest, Atherton broke the World Record in the 100 back.
Video of this race, and select others, from day 1 of the European derby are now available. Check them out below:
Women’s 100 Back – Minna Atherton – London Roar – 1:59.25 – Near Miss on the World Record
Women’s 400 Medley Relay – Energy Standard – 3:26.55 – with a trio of 41-second splits, the Energy Standard women cruise to another 400 free relay win
Women’s 50 Free – Cate Campbell – London Roar – 23.48 – Cate Campbell becomes the first swimmer this season to beat Sarah Sjostrom in a 50 free
Women’s 50 Back – Minna Atherton – London Roar – 26.05 – Atherton wins again, though not as fast as Budapest