2018 SPEEDO WINTER JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIPS – EAST
- December 5-8, 2018
- Greensboro Aquatic Center, Greensboro, NC
- SCY (25 yards)
- Psych Sheets
- Live Results
- Live Stream
With adverse weather conditions coming into play this weekend in North Carolina, USA Swimming has announced a time change and a few other alterations for tomorrow’s program at the 2018 Speedo Winter Jr Champs – East.
Greensboro is going to get hit with some cold temperatures, sleet, and snow this weekend. Weather Underground is currently predicting 1-3 inches of snowfall for Saturday evening, with a more worrisome 8-12 inches expected throughout Sunday. With temperatures predicted to hover in the high 20’s and low 30’s, there will likely be a mess of ice, sleet, slush, and rain that would make for terrible travel and transit conditions, thus USA Swimming making an effort to allow people to make their travel back home easier and earlier before potential precipitation.
According to the USA Swimming website, expect the following changes:
UPDATES TO SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8th
- All relays scheduled for Saturday finals will be swum at the end of the preliminary session.
- No time trials will be offered Saturday.
- Timed finals of the distance events and the Saturday finals session will be moved up one hour earlier.
- Team Awards will not be presented Saturday evening, and instead will be shipped from headquarters following the competition.
— USA Swimming (@USASwimming) December 7, 2018