2017 MEN’S NCAA CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Wednesday, March 22 – Saturday, March 25
- IUPUI Natatorium – Indianapolis, IN
- Prelims 10AM/Finals 6PM (Eastern Time)
- Defending Champion: Texas (results)
- Championship Central
- Psych Sheet
- Live stream: Wednesday/Thursday Prelims & Finals, Friday/Saturday Prelims / Friday/Saturday finals on ESPN3
- Event Previews
- Live Results
Despite a rocky start to the meet, Cal’s Ryan Murphy successfully completed the 4-peat, winning the 100 back with the 3rd fastest performance of all time in 43.99. That was about a half second off his NCAA Record of 43.49 from last season’s NCAA meet. Murphy now owns 6 of the 10 fastest performances in history.
Tonight’s 100 back was blazing fast, as we saw 2 other men improve on their times for the top 10 all-time list. Texas’ John Shebat improved on his best time with a 44.35, moving to 3rd on the all-time performers list ahead of Olympic champion backstroker Matt Grevers. Alabama’s Connor Oslin remains at 5th on the all-time top performers list, but lowered his time down to a 44.56.
All Time Top 10 Performers:
All Time Top 10 Performances: