2021 PRO SWIM SERIES – MISSION VIEJO (#3)
- April 8-11, 2021
- Marguerite Aquatics Center, Mission Viejo, CA
- Prelims – 4:00pm PST/Finals – 10:00am PST
- Meet central
- Meet information
- Psych sheets
- Live stream (USA Swimming – evening prelims & 800 free Thursday)
- Live stream (Olympic Channel – mid-day finals)
- Live results
- Day 4 Prelims Recap
Reported by Nick Pecoraro.
MEN’S 200 METER INDIVIDUAL MEDLEY — FINALS
- Pro Swim Series Record: 1:56.32, Michael Phelps (NBAC) — 2012
- Wave II Trials Cut: 2:03.02
- Wave I Trials Cut: 2:04.09
- Michael Andrew (Race Pace), 1:57.98
- Andrew Seliskar (Cal Aquatics), 2:00.16
- Jay Litherland (Dynamo), 2:00.20
Michael Andrew stuck to his race strategy of taking each stroke out valiantly, splitting 24.07 on the 50 fly followed by 29.78 back and 33.72 breast. Andrew looked sharp throughout the majority of his last 50 until the lactic acid build-up slowed his tempo down into the flags, splitting 30.41. Nonetheless, Andrew pulled out his second 2021 PSS win in the 200 IM with a season best of 1:57.98. Andrew now moves up to No. 8 in the world, remaining the fastest American this season with the only sub-1:59 time.
While Jay Litherland is known for his closing speed, it was Andrew Seliskar who out-split Litherland 28.28 to 28.90 on the final 50 free to place second by four one-hundredths. Seliskar remains the No. 8 American this season at 2:00.16 while Jay Litherland jumped Josh Prenot (2:00.62) for No. 9 in the nation at 2:00.20.