2021 PRO SWIM SERIES – MISSION VIEJO (#3)
- April 8-11, 2021
- Marguerite Aquatics Center, Mission Viejo, CA
- Prelims – 4:00pm PST/Finals – 10:00am PST
- Meet central
- Meet information
- Psych sheets
- Live stream (USA Swimming – evening prelims & 800 free Thursday)
- Live stream (Olympic Channel – mid-day finals)
- Live results
Reported by Anne Lepesant.
MEN’S 400 METER FREESTYLE – FINAL
- Pro Swim Record: 3:43.55 Sun Yang (2016)
- Trials Wave II: 3:54.21
- Trials Wave I: 3:37.29
- Zach Yeadon 21 Unattached-PC 3:51.57
- Patrick Callan 21 Una CW-MI 3:51.81
- Jordan Wilimovsky 26 KSwim-CA 3:51.95
Chris Wieser set the early pace in the men’s 400 free, leading at the 100, 200, and 300 with 55.3, 1:53.7, and 2:52.8. He was a good body and a half ahead of the wave of swimmers jockeying for position behind him: Jordan Wilimovsky (2:54.4), Zach Yeadon (2:54.4), Will Gallant (2:54.5), and Patrick Callan (2:54.7).
Yeadon, Callan, and Wilimovsky all split 29s on their penultimate 50, while Wieser went a 30-high. Yeadon moved into first place on the final turn, Wieser held on a second, and Wilimovsky was .04 ahead of Callan. Yeadon and Callan came home in 27.9s to finish first and second with 3:51.57 and 3:51.81. Wilimovsky’s 28-low gave him a third-place finish (3:51.95), knocking Wieser (3:53.24) off the podium.