2021 PRO SWIM SERIES – MISSION VIEJO (#3)
- April 8-11, 2021
- Marguerite Aquatics Center, Mission Viejo, CA
- Prelims – 4:00pm PST/Finals – 10:00am PST
- Meet central
- Meet information
- Psych sheets
- Live stream (USA Swimming – evening prelims & 800 free Thursday)
- Live stream (Olympic Channel – mid-day finals)
- Live results
- Day 4 Prelims Recap
Reported by Nick Pecoraro.
MEN’S 1500 METER FREESTYLE — TIMED FINALS
- Pro Swim Series Record: 14:53.12, Jordan Wilimovsky (Santa Monica)
- Wave II Trials Cut: 15:35.69
- Wave I Trials Cut: 15:44.89
- Jordan Wilimovsky (KSwim), 15:10.44
- Will Gallant (Mission Viejo), 15:21.15
- Mikey Calvillo (Indiana), 15:42.38
Remaining the 3rd-fastest American in this event this season was KSwim’s Jordan Wilimovsky, registering a time of 15:10.44. Wilimovsky now ranks 23rd in the world behind Americans Bobby Finke (15:09.14) and Zane Grothe (15:10.29).
Placing second was Mission Viejo’s Will Gallant, who remains the No. 4 American this season with his season best of 15:18.59. Taking third was Indiana’s Mikey Calvillo (15:42.38), finishing 1.29s ahead of Veritas’ Arik Katz (15:43.67).
Out of the post-session 1500 free heat, Cornando’s Cole Ruster swam a time of 16:04.33 to place 7th overall.