2021 PRO SWIM SERIES – MISSION VIEJO (#3)
- April 8-11, 2021
- Marguerite Aquatics Center, Mission Viejo, CA
- Prelims – 4:00pm PST/Finals – 10:00am PST
- Meet central
- Meet information
- Psych sheets
- Live stream (USA Swimming – evening prelims & 800 free Thursday)
- Live stream (Olympic Channel – mid-day finals)
- Live results
Reported by Anne Lepesant.
MEN’S 200 METER BUTTERFLY – FINAL
- Pro Swim Record: 1:53.84 Luca Urlando (2019)
- Trials Wave II: 1:59.63
- Trials Wave I: 2:01.19
Nicolas Albiero followed up on his recent NCAA title in the 200 yard butterfly with a win in the LCM version at PSS Mission Viejo. His 1:57.86 was a season best and was a 1.2-second improvement from his prelims time. Albiero was out in 55.7 at the 100, with Zheng Quah close on his shoulder in 55.9. Albiero took off on his third 50 to put clean water between him and Quah and led by half a body at the 150 wall.
Chase Kalisz had the strongest back half, splitting his race 56.6-1:01.5, nearly catching Albiero but falling .30 short at the end with 1:58.16.
Zach Harting passed Quah, closing with 1:02.2 to Quah’s 1:03.5 over the final 100 meters. Harting posted a 1:59.38 for third place.