2018 YMCA SHORT COURSE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
- April 3rd-7th, 2018
- Greensboro Aquatic Center, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Meet Central
- Live Stream (Finals)
- Meet Results
- Psych Sheet
Having performed exceptionally all week, Deer County’s Maxwell McHugh, Upper Main Line’s Brendan Burns and Hickory Foundation’s Ross Dant capped off the 2018 YMCA National Championships each with another individual title and meet record.
McHugh, who has been incredible in the breaststroke events this spring, swam a lifetime best 51.59 in the 100 breast to take two hundredths off of his prelims swim, which stood as the old meet record. McHugh ranks 5th all-time in the 17-18 100 breast.
Burns was untouchable in the 200 fly, going 1:44.49 to shave a couple of tenths off of Corey Gambardella’s meet record from last year’s meet. He already ranks 2nd all-time in the 200 fly 15-16 age group with his 1:42.94 best time.
Dant was a tier above the rest in the mile, clocking a 14:50.97 to slice over six seconds off of his own national record from last year. He now ranks 24th in 17-18 history in this event.
Leah Braswell of York added to her event win totals, taking the girls’ mile in 16:16.18. Weston/Westport’s Sarah Grinalds followed up her 50 free win with a victory in the 100 free tonight, going 48.76 to beat out Bradford’s Paige Hetrick (49.34) and B.R. Ryall’s Kate Morris (49.83). Morris, age 14, moves up to #30 all-time in the 13-14 100 free rankings.
- Megan Glass of Blue Ash was well under two minutes to take the 200 fly crown, posting a 1:58.05.
- Jack Alexy, 15, nearly cracked 44 seconds in the boys’ 100 free, posting a 44.01 to edge Rapid Area’s Henry Schutte (44.50).
- Boise’s Sammie Eyolfson clocked a 1:02.26 to take first in the girls 100 breast.
- Cheshire won the girls’ 400 medley relay with a come-from-behind anchor leg from 14-year-old Sophie Murphy (49.53) to touch at 3:43.32. Greater Spartanburg wasn’t far back at 3:43.79 for 2nd.
- Upper Main Line was 3:19.90 to win the boys’ 400 medley relay, keying on Brendan Burns‘s 46.47 fly split.
- Sarasota 341
- Somerset Hills 282
- Upper Main Line 267
- Boise 217
- Red Bank 206
- Cheshire 288
- Greater Spartanburg 269
- Boise 244
- York 230
- Sprinfield 206