Applications due 08/11/18
Roanoke College is taking applications for Volunteer Assistant oach to assist with our men’s and women’s swimming teams. The position reports directly to the Head Swimming Coach and is an opportunity to learn all aspects of coaching and administering a Division 3 Swimming program while working under Old Dominion Athletic Conference and Division 3 NCAA rules and regulations. There will be many opportunities to travel with the team to dual meets, training camps, and championship competitions.
Contribute in the following areas:
• Daily operations of swimming program
• Coaching responsibilities during scheduled practice
• Video analysis of technique of student-athletes
• Strength and conditioning of student-athletes
• Recruitment of Student-Athletes to the Swimming and Diving Program
• Learn and develop knowledge in compliance with College, Old Dominion Athletic Conference, and Division 3 NCAA rules and regulations
• Meet management duties
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience in collegiate competition is preferred
Knowledge of some technical areas, as well as competition training and technique
Good communication skills, work ethic and ability to learn quickly
How to Apply
Email Head Coach Scott Thacker at [email protected] and include resume and references.