Applications due 08/17/22
Date posted: August 8, 2022
Location: Eugene, OR, USA
|TEAM Mission: To coach athletes in an inclusive environment to rise to the challenges of competitive swimming and life, through hard work and commitment to a long-term process.
TEAM Vision: To build and sustain a high-performance program and become one of the premier swim teams in Oregon and the United States
TEAM Eugene Aquatics has had incredible growth in the last 3 years. We have grown to just over 600 swimmers which includes a development program and masters swim club and made some massive jumps in our virtual club ranking. The previous senior coach played a huge role in that, however, is moving back east to be close to family. He is planning to work with us closely to find the right replacement. We hope to bring someone in by 8/28 if possible and are willing to help with re-location however needed. We will be processing applications and interviews quickly.
TEAM Eugene Aquatics is a non-profit, coach-lead swim team. Applicants must pass a background check with USA Swimming, complete the USA Swimming head coach requirements, and have competitive coaching and swimming experience, to apply.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Developing and providing oversight of the senior training, including consulting with strength coordinator on a thorough dryland program
· Motivating swimmers to compete at their best and over the long term
· Helping swimmers to set and achieve their goals
· Developing swimmers’ leadership skills and work ethic
· Establishing and maintaining regular and timely communication with swimmers, parents, and other coaches
The Ideal Candidate Has:
· At least 10 years competitive coaching experience
· An impeccable understanding of training needs for nationally ranked athletes age 15-19
· Experience in competitive swimming at the college, high school, and club level
· Track record of outstanding swimmer retention
· Track record of swimmer development at the national level
Relocation reimbursement is negotiable.
How to Apply
Email resume to [email protected]
PO Box 50404
Eugene OR 97405