Date posted: August 22, 2022
Location: Spring, Texas, USA
Swim Streamline (SSAN) located in Spring, Texas, is looking for an energetic FULL TIME LEAD SENIOR & AGE GROUP with benefits. SSAN is currently a Top 100 VCC USA Swimming Team, Safe Sport Recognized, Bronze medal club 2020 & 2021 and a USA Swimming Level 4 Club Recognized Program. More information on SSAN can be found on our team website, www.swimstreamline.com
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of Head or Lead Coach experience (USA Swimming Bronze, Silver, Gold Club experience preferred)
- Must have excellent communication and marketing skills.
- Preferred CPO and willing to get trained to oversee certification classes in the future
- Preferred project management & fundraising background
- Consistent experience training athletes at the Sectionals & Junior National level
- Promotes a Team-wide Winning Culture
- Extensive background in competitive swimming, stroke mechanics, age-appropriate dryland training techniques, and USA-S rules and regulations.
- Outstanding leadership and motivational skills with a strong sense of personal integrity
- A passion for the sport and thorough mastery of swim stroke mechanics and current coaching techniques
- Experience using TeamUnify, Team Manager and Meet Manager
- Member in good standing of USA Swimming and current on all certifications
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Work with the Head Coach to lead our team’s mission to fully develop everyone’s ability to realize his/her goals through quality year-round training, while developing well-rounded student athletes, encouraging team spirit and sportsmanship, and fostering a life-long passion for the sport of swimming.
- Maintain and increase overall club participation, and consistently qualify swimmers at the highest levels of competition.
- Ensure full compliance with all USA Swimming policies.
- Foster a culture of team unity and strength among parents, swimmers, and staff.
- Act always with integrity and as a positive representative of SSAN to the membership and the community at large.
- Reports to Owners (No BOD at SSAN); i.e., Coach Owned
- Compensation: TBD based on experience
- Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental
- Ability to work, train, and instruct multiple practice groups either 5:15-6:45 a.m. (W/F) & 3:45-8:00 pm every day Monday to Friday, plus Saturday morning. Hours will change during holiday breaks & summer schedule to mornings and evenings.
- Serve as lead coach for assigned group(s).
- Develop season and practice plans for lead group(s)
- Attend any meet sessions and team events as assigned
- Assist during fall and spring team tryouts
- Train, develop and mentor Assistant coaches to ensure a reliable, cohesive, and positive environment with an emphasis on teamwork and personal growth
- Work with Head Coach to create full season training plans for stroke technique progression, dryland progression, training progression and taper strategies for all levels and effectively communicate to swimmers and coaches
- Assist Head Coach with staff scheduling and recruiting, as required to ensure continuity and coaching quality
- Assist Head Coach in developing and implementing growth & marketing strategies
- Provide a stable, professional, and positive environment for all SSAN athletes.
- Develop annual and quadrennial plans with the Head Coach.
- Develop in-house coach, athlete and parent education opportunities
- Organize team spirit parties, team dinners, and travel trips with the Booster Club.
- In charge of team newsletter.
- Plan, schedule and assist in set up and run SSAN home swim meets.
- Effective communication with parents and swimmers of objectives and goals for athletes.
- Become an active member of Gulf Swimming LSC leadership through participation on LSC committees.
About Swim Streamline:
Founded in 2009 and located in Spring TX, SSAN has grown from 27 club swimmers to over 300-350 annual USAS club swimmers. We are a Coach Owned run club, and we are in the process of building our own indoor/ outdoor aquatics facility in Spring, TX. We have placed in the top 10 in Texas 14 & under Age Group championship meets each of the past 5 years in long and short course. Our National group is sending kids each season to D1 through D3 colleges and universities. We had our first trip to the Olympic Trials in 2020/21 and have big goals for 2024. Our developmental program base is strong and continuing to grow, learn and improve daily. We pride ourselves for putting fun, safety and technique first and everything we do is for the betterment of the kids! We have a home for every level swimmer and are ready to prepare every kid to be better in and out of the pool!
How to Apply
Submit your resume to [email protected]