Applications due 03/14/19
UWCSEA has a vacancy for May 2019 at its Dover Campus for a Swim Coach.
Reporting to the Head Swim Coach, the incumbent will be responsible for the planning and implementation of training sessions for our most competitive Grade 4-6 students. As a school program, there are also curriculum PE and Learn-to-swim commitments, which are delivered in line with the UWCSEA ethos. This would be an ideal position for an experienced coach of age group swimmers (10-12 years).
- Coach of the competitive squad (aged 10-12 years) including detailed session planning
- Assist the Head Coach with the high school competitive squad when necessary; Assist teachers with PE aquatics classes, including learn-to-swim, stroke development and other aquatics activities; Assist with planning and running of Phoenix competitions and the UWC local service program
- Lead learn-to-swim (LTS) classes – following the department curriculum and arrange setup/clearing of equipment for swim classes and swim events
- Ensure safety standards are maintained at poolside and record necessary administrative logs
- Complete swim meet entries (through ‘Team Manager’) and attend/coach at meets in which the Swim Team is competing
- Responsible for pool monitoring equipment maintenance, storage and pool facility upkeep
- Minimum FINA Level 2 Coach/UKCC Level 2 certified (or International equivalent) with minimum of 1 year coaching experience and prior experience in squad planning ideally in a school environment
- Certified First Aider is preferred with the ability to work with children from K1 to Y12
- Experience with google suite platforms and ACTIVE Hy-Tek’ Swim Software (Team & Meet Manager -training available)
- Able to work cohesively in a team-based environment as well as independently
- Excellent English (written and spoken) communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable to coach at least 1 week at the start and end of each school holiday break and during the summer programme
UWCSEA welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to safeguarding our students and protecting them from harm. In keeping with the expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment, those applying for a position at the College must be willing to undergo employment background checks and screening appropriate to the post.
How to Apply
Interested applicants to submit application via our portal by 14 March 2019, 11:59 PM Singapore Time.
Link : https://webapps.uwcsea.edu.sg/uwcms/pub/login.aspx
1207 Dover Road, (S) 139654
phone: +65 6775 5344