Senior Lead Coach
Position: Velocity Aquatics is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Senior Lead Coach. This position will be the primary coach for Platinum-level swimmers, which Velocity defines as those aged 13 and over. This is a key leadership position for the club. The Senior Lead Coach will work in partnership with the Head Age Group Coach and will report to the Velocity Aquatics Board of Directors.
Background: Velocity Aquatics is a growing club in the western portion of the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area. The club presently operates out of two pools and continues to grow in swimmer counts. The senior (Platinum) level of the club has grown significantly over the past four years, and will continue to grow based on new enrollment and advancement of younger swimmers. Velocity’s success in club growth has also been accompanied by success competitively. As a club, its placement at Minnesota Swimming state meets has continued to rise year after year. The Senior/Platinum age group also has swimmers that are competing at state and national levels. The Delano Girls High School swim team finished 3rd in State in 2017, and many of the team’s swimmers compete during the year as part of Velocity. The Delano Boys High School swim team will be new in 2018 after competing as part of a multi-school cooperative in recent years.
Mission and Values: The mission of Velocity Aquatics is to build humble excellence in our youth, team and community through competitive swimming. The club values dedication to the sport, teaching perseverance, fostering respect, acting with integrity, and having fun through excellence and teamwork.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and instruction for Platinum program.
- Lead and direct assistant coaching staff to meet program needs.
- Provide a positive, encouraging, safe, and challenging atmosphere consistent with the mission and values of Velocity in which all swimmers, regardless of abilities, may improve their skills.
- Lead the development of Velocity’s exposure to regional/national meets and development of elite swimmers.
- Prepare and manage all aspects of practices, including daily workouts, assignment of practice groups, stroke instruction and pool preparation.
- Work collaboratively with Head Age Group Coach to provide a seamless experience for Velocity swimmers and parents.
- Attend all practices and be on time.
- Attend all meets, or coordinate coaching with Head Age Group Coach and other Velocity assistant coaches, where Velocity swimmers are participating and be on time.
- Work with Head Age Group Coach to coordinate scheduling and registration for meet events, including individual and relay event entries.
- Maintain all memberships and certifications as required by USA Swimming, Minnesota Swimming, and by law.
- Provide supervision and direction for assistant coaches and volunteers.
- Participate in club activities and social events.
- Promote Velocity and, in partnership with the Board of Directors and its committees, develop programs to increase participation and membership.
- Attend Velocity Board of Directors meetings, when possible or when requested by the Board.
- Four-Year college degree (preferred)
- Competitive swimming experience (required)
- Three years swim coaching experience, with preferred experience in a lead role with an age group or club. (required)
- Experience with dryland training and nutrition guidance (preferred)
- Knowledge and ability to use Team Unify and Hy-Tek Software programs (required)
- This is a salaried lead position with our club. Compensation will be competitive to market and will be reflective of experience and qualifications.
- Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to velocityaquatics[email protected]
742 Country Lane