Date posted: July 30, 2021
Location: New York, NY, USA
SALARY: $15.00+ P/H
The YMCA of Greater New York is seeking Lifeguards who will be who will be responsible for maintaining safe conditions in and around the swim area at our YMCA branches located throughout Manhattan & Bronx. The Lifeguard will promote a safe and positive atmosphere in accordance with YMCA aquatics policies and procedures.
Lifeguard positions available at the following YMCA branches located in Manhattan:
Harlem YMCA, McBurney YMCA, Vanderbilt YMCA, and West Side YMCA
Lifeguard positions available at the following YMCA branches located in the Bronx:
Castle Hill YMCA, La Central YMCA, and Northeast Bronx YMCA
- Must be Rescue Ready: uniform, pocket face mask/gloves, whistle and rescue tube.
- Continuous and active scanning of the pool.
- Know and understand the Emergency Action Plan and Emergency Evacuation Routes.
- Enforce aquatics safety rules consistently and fairly.
- Perform second duties, as requested, only when not lifeguarding.
- Maintain positive relationships with members and staff.
- Follow the directions of the YMCA of Greater New York aquatic supervisors, in accordance with the YMCA aquatic standards.
- Must attain the YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor certification within 90 days of hire.
- Maintain certification level of physical and mental readiness. Responsible for recertification before expiration.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings and special events.
- Other activities and duties that address the ongoing health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC guidelines.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Current YMCA Lifeguard certification or equivalent.
- Current BLS and First Aid and Emergency Oxygen (if required by certification organization).
- Demonstrate swim strokes, lifeguard rescues and BLS/BFA/EO skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays.
- Excellent hospitality skills
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
YMCA OF GREATER NEW YORK | Where there’s a Y, there’s a way.