Applications due 04/25/18
The Bay Club Company is headquartered in San Francisco, with clubs from Marin to San Diego and a team of more 3,000 associates who are guided by integrity, innovation, growth, and community. Sparked by imagination and a progressive culture, the Company has entered a growth plan that has taken it from 12 clubs to more than 20 properties in an 18-month period, with continued accelerated growth anticipated over the next five years. And we’re looking for talented and motivated individuals—who also believe in living life happy—to join our quickly growing team!
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Advancement opportunities
- Complimentary full use of Bay Club facilities
- Discounts on services, lessons, amenities, and F&B products.
About the Position
The Aquatics Department at Bay Club Redwood Shores, A Bay Club Property, is currently seeking a motivated and ambitious Lifeguard Coordinator. Under the direction of the Director or Aquatics, the Lifeguard Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the aquatic programs presented to our members and guests are safe, creative, inviting and encouraging. This leadership position is one that projects clear knowledge and experience of the industry, active solicitation of member opinions regarding the program, and provides members with exciting and innovative aquatics programs.
- Aquatics operations including scheduling, customer service, communication, program development, implementation and evaluation
- Answer inquiries pertaining to the use of the pool and Aquatics services offered
- Serves as pool manager-on-duty during peak times, holidays, and weekends.
- Help keep pool deck clean, safe and organized
- Follow all safety procedures and precautions
- Current Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR, AED & First Aid certifications
- Knowledge of water hazards, lifesaving techniques and first aid, recognize hazardous situations, and adopt effective courses of action.
- Require attentiveness to visual and audible cues for recognition and identification of swimmers in distress or in process of unsafe behaviors
- Requires proficient swimming ability and the proper application of rescue and first-aid techniques.
- Ability to properly extract victims from the pool(s) to the deck.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in swimming pool organization and management
- Knowledge of scheduling and staffing requirements
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
Hours: Will vary, may need to work weekends PART or FULL time
- Work is typically performed outdoors in varying and occasionally extreme (hot) weather conditions.
- Ability to arrive at work on time for all scheduled work shifts required. Ability to work weekends, evenings, and holidays required.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, and readily able to adjust to changes in work environment.
- Position requires daily public contact.
- Must be able to work in a hot environment
- Must occasionally sit for extended periods and regularly walk around the facility
- Mobility around and in the pool.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and details regarding your availability to [email protected]
How to Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter, and details regarding your availability to Aquatics Director [email protected]
200 Redwood Shores Parkway