Applications due 07/31/21
Date posted: May 10, 2021
Location: 202 Fieldhouse Drive, Peachtree City, GA, USA
Southern Crescent Aquatic Team (SCAT) is seeking an experienced, passionate, professional, and energetic individual to serve as our next Head Senior Coach. This employee will be responsible for working with our top-tier senior athletes as well as partnering with our Head Coach to develop all aspects of our Senior Program with the goal of instilling a culture of success both in and out of the water.
Position: Lead Senior Coach
Job Open Date: June 1, 2021
Work Location: Peachtree City, GA
Pay Rate: Hourly, commensurate with Experience
Days/Hours: Monday- Saturday.
Swim Meets: 1/month. Some are one day meets. Some are weekend long. Staff is paid hourly plus gas for meets outside of local area.
The Lead Senior Coach would work directly with the Head Coach to refine and implement a joint vision for technique, training, and performance excellence that complements our team Mission, Vision, and Values. Additional responsibilities would include:
• Serving as the lead coach for two Senior Groups
• Attending meets (1+ per month on weekends; some out-of-state travel expected)
• Attending staff meetings
• Communicating important information to other coaches, athletes, and parents
• Responding to electronic communication
• Completing meet entries
• Assisting or substituting for other coaches as needed
• Maintaining all required coaching certifications
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a passion for competitive swimming and be an excellent teacher and role model for our athletes. They will share SCAT’s mission, pursue our team vision, and adhere to our organizational values. Additionally, candidates should have:
• Bachelor’s degree
• ASCA Level 3 or higher (not required to be a current member, but possess this skill set level)
• 4+ years of coaching experience
• A demonstrated track record of developing high performance athletes
• Previous competitive swimming experience
• The ability to obtain and maintain all required USA Swimming certifications including passing a background check
• The ability to obtain and maintain First Aid & CPR/AED certifications
Compensation: Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Employee will be eligible for bonuses based on member enrollment. Financial support for professional development and ongoing education is also available.
How to Apply
Contact: Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter including coaching philosophy, and up to three professional references to Denise Sturman @ [email protected]
202 Fieldhouse Drive, Peachtree City, GA, USA