Applications due 07/31/18
Highland Park Aquatics Club (HPAC) Full Time Head Age Group Coach
HPAC in Highland Park, IL is looking for an experienced coach to lead our Age Group program and develop our 12&Under swimmers. HPAC trains 180 swimmers in a brand new 15 lane pool at Highland Park High School. We currently have 2 Central Zones qualifiers, 6 Illinois Age Group Champs finalists and several Illinois Regional qualifiers.
At HPAC we believe in focusing on the positive and building team camaraderie. We work with our parents to create a unified team to help each athlete attain their goals in swimming. We are looking for someone who is passionate about swimming and excited to serve as a mentor, educator and role model. This position reports directly to the HPAC Head Coach.
Position begins August 1st and is open until filled.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the Age Group program by planning and conducting swim practices
- Attend scheduled meets and help run all HPAC hosted meets
- Conduct 20-25 hours of on-deck coaching and 15-20 hours of administrative work
- Administrative work will be determined by the HPAC Head Coach
- Maintain daytime office hours. Respond to all emails and phone calls within 24 hours
- Establish and maintain relationships and open communication with swimmers and parents
- Participate in team projects, planning and programs while also supporting team activities
The ideal candidate has:
- 8+ years of coaching experience preferably at the club level
- 3+ years experience as the head of an age group program
- An impeccable understanding of swim stroke mechanics
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) and personal experience in competitive swimming
- Track record of swimmer retention & recruitment
- Ability and desire to work with parents as a part of swimmer development
- Track record of swimmer development at the State Championship level
- Intimate working knowledge with Team Unify & Meet Manager
- Experience organizing & hosting successful swim meets
- Experience developing & maintaining a team’s social media presence
- Must pass a background check from USA Swimming and have completed the USA Swimming coaching requirements (required)
- Current CPR/Safety Training certification
- Working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek systems as well proficiency in Microsoft Office software (preferred) .
Salary starts at $34,000-$38,000 and is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Send resume with at least three references to Head Coach Jory Blauer at [email protected]
For additional information please visit: www.hpacswimclub.org
433 Vine Ave, Highland Park, IL 60035