Applications due 08/08/21
Date posted: August 2, 2021
Location: Bend, OR, USA
The Bend Swim Club is searching for a Head Swim Coach. Located in Bend, Oregon, The Bend Swim Club is a non-profit, board-governed organization in existence since 1963. The club currently has roughly 175 members, with potential to surpass 200. Qualifications for this position include prior Head Swimming Coach experience, as well as competitive swimming background, preferable at the collegiate level or higher. The successful candidate must have the ability to organize and direct swim practices, dryland practices, and Assistant Coaches to drive the growth and development for swimmers of all levels and abilities. The successful candidate must communicate clearly and precisely, both orally and written.
- Overall team operations and standards in accordance with Club bylaws. Key advisor to the Board of Directors on all matters concerning swim team operations.
- Design and implement swim team philosophy, curriculum, and vision for membership.
- Emphasize and administer proper stroke technique and progression to each training group.
- Develop mental training and provide resources for swimmers and families.
- Develop and implement dryland seasonal plan for all training groups.
- Supervise and evaluate Assistant Coaches (3-5 total) and ensure compliance with LSC and USAS trainings.
- Manage hiring of future Assistant Coaches.
- Perform administrative functions including, but not limited to, swim meet entries, parent and athlete meetings, attend weekend swim meets as scheduled, coach at swim meets, and management of team rosters.
- Conduct community outreach to promote team and benefits of swimming.
- Promote and demonstrate overall team values.
- Assist swimmers and families with the college recruiting process.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, exercise science, kinesiology or related field.
- Competitive Swimming Experience ( collegiate level preferred )
- Minimum of 5 years Head Coaching Experience.
- ASCA Level 3 (Level 4 preferred ).
- Experience coaching all levels of swimming.
- Mastery of Team Unify, Hy-Tek, and Colorado Time Systems
- Demonstrated success with communicating and building an engaged following through social media
- Experience administering projects using project management apps
- Experience with MS Word / Excel or equivalent Google apps
- Training in anti-bullying and team building best practices in accordance with USAS safe sport.
- Completed educational and safety training with USAS.
How to Apply
Please email Bend Swim Club Board of Directors at [email protected] and include the following:
- Cover letter
- Resume and Coaching Accomplishments
- Minimum of 3 Coaching References
- A description of your Coaching Philosophy