Applications due 03/11/19
Location: 295 Hurley Road, Coatesville, PA, USA
Full-Time Head Lifeguard
The Brandywine YMCA located in West Brandywine Township, Chester County is looking for an enthusiastic, energetic and mature individual to join our team as a full-time Lifeguard. Duties include maintaining a safe environment for our pool, communicating with patrons and working as a team with other staff. The Lifeguard will be responsible for the guarding and safety of members within all aquatic facilities and enforcing all aquatic policies and procedures. We are looking for an individual who is responsible, punctual, able to focus on task of guarding without distraction and able to communicate with members of all ages in a positive, firm manner about pool safety issues. This position is responsible for managing aquatic facility operations including, but not limited to: supporting the lifeguard team and maintaining the facility.
This is an exciting opportunity in our Aquatic Department for a Full-Time Head Lifeguard.
The schedule is 5 days per week Monday – Friday: 4:45AM – 12:45PM. Weekend meetings/trainings may be required.
The starting hourly rate is $11-$12 per hour based on experience.
In addition to performing all of the duties and responsibilities of the Lifeguard position:
- Act as the lead contact for all lifeguards, staff and members. Schedule and ensure all shifts are covered
- Instruct, assign, and provide feedback to lifeguards in the performance of their duties.
- Ensure that lifeguard team members follow established procedures consistent with the training they receive.
- Provide additional breaks and scanning for lifeguards to ensure effective member surveillance.
- Understand facility characteristics, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to identify hazards and unsafe practices and to make suitable recommendations for minimizing or eliminating those hazards and follow all emergency action plans.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Meet all lifeguard requirements / Current Ellis & Associates or transfer Ellis &
Associates lifeguard certification
- Must be 18 years or older
- Demonstrate maturity in relating to people of all ages and abilities
- Obtain and maintain all additional new hire certifications and trainings within 90 days of hire
Benefits and Compensation Details:
The YMCA of Greater Brandywine currently offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes a free Y membership, medical and dental insurance along with a 12% employer contribution to the retirement savings plan. The approximate starting hourly rate range is $11.00 per hour to $12.00 per hour, less applicable taxes and withholdings, based on experience.
How to Apply
295 Hurley Road
Coatesville, PA 19320
phone: 610-380-9622 ext. 2463