Applications due 08/03/18
Location: 13157 N Olive Spur Rd, Saint Louis, MO 63141
Parkway Swim Club Head Age Group Coach
We are looking to hire a qualified individual for the full-time position of Head Age Group Coach. This individual will work with our head coach to develop the whole team, and will work specifically with the 12-under program. This position requires a candidate with strong administrative, communication and people skills.
- Work under the direction of the head coach, leading the age group program (working specifically with the top tier of the age group program)
- Coach on deck, 1 morning practice a week and 5 evening practices, during school year.
- Coach on deck, 2-3 middle of the day practices during the summer and 4-5 evening practices
- Coach on deck, 2-3 meets/month
- Perform administrative functions including, but not limited to, swim meet entries, parent and athlete meetings, tracking attendance, merchandising, meet management, newsletter/website/social media content, and managing team statistics
- Attend team functions and team-building activities
- Be open to potential of leading National Prep group
Specific Group Responsibilities
- Directly coach the higher level age groups as well as beginning age groups.
- Bridge communication between other age group coaches and help continue to develop a strong age group program.
- High School Diploma
- Current coaching membership in good standing with USA Swimming
- Ability to pass all necessary background checks
- Current Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid/Lifeguard Certifications, Safety Training for Coaches
- Ability to perform water rescue
- Experience with Hy-Tek, Team Unify, and Microsoft Office and Excel
- Minimum 2-3 years prior coaching experience
- Experience working with swimmers of all ages and abilities
- Experience working effectively with swim parents & assistant coaches
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- ASCA Level 2 certification
Physical Characteristics & Work Environment
- Indoor pool, occasional outdoor pool, and open water work environment
- Regular exposure to fumes, odors, humidity, and heat
- Occasional exposure to cold and rainy environments
- Ability to operate pool and instructional equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate with coaches, parents and swimmers
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling heavy objects as assigned
Application deadline will be August 3, 2018. We anticipate hiring by August 31st, but are open to an earlier start date.
- This is a year-round, 40 hour full-time position. Pay will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Employee is hired through the school district, and receive full benefits and retirement.
- Employee will receive comp time for swim meet weekends going over 40 hours per week.
- Coach apparel
- Reimbursement for education, certifications & meet expenses
How to Apply
- If you are interested in this position, please submit cover letter (one page) and resume to Jon David Williford, [email protected]. Please include in cover letter a little background about yourself and philosophy on coaching.
- Candidates selected for an interview will also need to fill out an application through school district, this will be discussed at a later date.
Parkway Swim Club
13157 N Olive Spur Rd
Saint Louis, MO 63141