Applications due 08/28/18
Location: 433 Vine Ave, Highland Park, IL 60035, USA
HPAC in Highland Park, IL is looking for an experienced coach to lead our Age Group program and develop our 12&Under swimmers. HPAC trains 180 swimmers in a brand new 15 lane pool at Highland Park High School. We currently have 2 Central Zones qualifiers, 6 Illinois Age Group Champs finalists and several Illinois Regional qualifiers.
At HPAC we believe in focusing on the positive and building team camaraderie. We work with our parents to create a unified team to help each athlete attain their goals in swimming. We are looking for someone who is passionate about swimming and excited to serve as a mentor, educator and role model. This position reports directly to the HPAC Head Coach.
Position begins September 4 and is open until filled.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the Age Group program by planning and conducting swim practices
- Attend scheduled meets and help run all HPAC hosted meets
- Conduct 20-25 hours of on-deck coaching and 15-20 hours of administrative work per week
- Administrative work will be determined by the HPAC Head Coach
- Maintain daytime office hours. Respond to all emails and phone calls within 24 hours
- Establish and maintain relationships and open communication with swimmers and parents
- Participate in team projects, planning and programs while also supporting team activities
The ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years of coaching experience preferably at the club level
- 1-2+ years experience as the head of an age group program
- An impeccable understanding of swim stroke mechanics
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) and personal experience in competitive swimming
- Track record of swimmer retention & recruitment
- Ability and desire to work with parents as a part of swimmer development
- Track record of swimmer development at the State Championship level
- Intimate working knowledge with Team Unify & Meet Manager
- Experience organizing & hosting successful swim meets
- Experience developing & maintaining a team’s social media presence
- Must pass a background check from USA Swimming and have completed the USA Swimming coaching requirements (required)
- Current CPR/Safety Training certification
- Working knowledge of Team Unify and Hy-Tek systems as well proficiency in Microsoft Office software (preferred) .
Salary is competitive and is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Send resume with at least three references to Head Coach Jory Blauer at [email protected]
For additional information please visit: www.hpacswimclub.org
433 Vine Ave
Highland Park, IL 60035