Established in 1998, Memphis Thunder Aquatic Club, a level 2 USA swim club, has openings for a strong, energetic, and dynamic Head Age Group Coach as well as Assistant Coaches for our USA Swimming team. Located to the east of Memphis in Collierville, Tennessee, MTAC is comprised of 200+ year-round athletes from novice to Junior National qualifiers, ranging in age from 5 to 18 years.
These positions will ensure development, implementation of workouts, and support of athletes with regard to their short and long term goals. We are looking for coaches to help us make the move from a team with a strong regional presence to a team with a national impact. We are open to more than one qualified applicant (spouse, etc) applying together for the position.
1. The successful candidate must have a background of successfully coaching and developing swimmers. For HAGC position: ASCA certification level 4 Developmental (or equivalent). For Assistant Coach: ASCA level 2 (or equivalent) is desired.
2. Current USA Swimming background check, CPR, First Aid, and Safety Training for Swimming Coaches certifications are required. All certifications and background check will be verified.
3. Dryland training experience is a plus.
4. Workouts run in the evenings on weekdays, and Saturday mornings. Meets are approximately once a month, with some requiring out of town travel.
1. The qualified candidate will report directly to the Head Coach.
2. Responsible for all aspects related to the planning, preparation, and implementation of a comprehensive training and teaching plan designed to motivate our athletes.
3. Preparing meet entries, attend swim meets, and perform various administrative duties as assigned.
4. Developing and maintaining positive relationships with parents, the board of directors, and USA swimming communities.
A competitive compensation package will be offered and will be commensurate with experience. Reimbursement for travel meets and approved educational opportunities.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume, cover letter and three professional references to:
Head Coach Dan Schultz at [email protected].