Applications due 04/15/19
Location: 910 E Washington St, Greencastle, IN 46135, USA
Putnam County Swim Team (PCST) is seeking a Head Age-Group Coach to begin work in April. PCST is located in the West-Central Indiana town of Greencastle, home to DePauw University. We are a small but thriving program, with strong learn-to-swim, age-group, and senior programs. Our training sites include two, 6 lane, 25 yard high school pools as well as a 6 lane, 50 meter outdoor pool in the summer. Our program pays very close attention to advanced concepts of dryland training and implements these concepts for every level of swimmer.
The primary responsibility for this position is to design and carry out workouts for our 10 and under groups, including both in-water and dryland training. In addition, the age-group coach will organize our learn-to-swim program and supervise that program’s instructors. Further, in coordination with the head coach, the age-group coach will design and implement workouts for our 11-12 swimmers. The Head Age Group coach will also supervise our Assistant Age Group Coach.
PCST will pay for all re-certification costs and annual coach membership in USA Swimming. PCST also provides the opportunity to learn advanced concepts in the theory and practice of dryland training for swimmers. This position requires 15-18 hours of on deck coaching per week and 1-2 weekend meets per month.
- Possess current USA Swimming coaching certifications
- Bring coaching experience at the age-group level, preferably for a USA-S Club
- Attend spring/fall practices 5 days a week (3 to 7 PM) and meets as necessary
- Attend summer practices 5 days a week (8:30 to 11:30 AM) and meets as necessary
- Be open to new training methods
- Have a positive attitude on the pool deck
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be willing to take on administrative duties as appropriate
How to Apply
Please send resume, letter of application, and references by email to Kent Menzel ([email protected])