Date posted: July 30, 2021
Location: Mechanicsville, VA, USA
Head Age Group Coach
Hanover Aquatics, Inc.
Listed July 28, 2021
Start Date Fall 2021
Specific Responsibilities of the Head Age Group Coach:
- Promote an environment that fosters positive team relationships.
- Provide social and emotional support for athletes and at the same time individualized attention to meet each athletes’ needs.
- Conduct himself / herself as a professional, enthusiastic, and positive coach who exhibits respectful and effective teaching and communication skills.
- Develop and execute a seasonal plan to include a training program, goal setting, and dryland routines.
- Assist with team growth and marketing through various recruiting avenues.
- Lead all Category 3 & 4 practices during weekday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Create meet entries for Category 3 & 4 swimmers.
- Attend meets to include training, regional, state, and national level meets.
- Meet entry submissions for all meets. Coordinate with other coaches and submit entries in a timely fashion. Communicate entries and meet information to entire team.
- Maintain and update team records.
Candidate Requirements / Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Current USA Swimming coach certification in good standing with Athlete Protection Training
- Minimum ASCA Level 2
- At least three full years coaching experience
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches or American Red Cross Life Guard certification
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification
- Criminal Background Investigation
Compensation: Package Includes:
- Salary range: $28,000-$33,000, commensurate with experience
- Travel meet expenses
- Professional dues
- Continuing education budget
- Paid vacation
Practice Hours (can vary due to school schedules):
- Monday – Thursday: 4:15pm – 8:00pm
- Friday: 4:15pm – 6:30pm
- Saturday: 7am – 10:30am
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to [email protected].
For more information about our swim team visit our website www.hanoveraquatics.com.