Location: 13401 Meridian Ave N, Seattle, WA 98133, USA
*****THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED*******
The Executive Director-Head Coach is responsible for the leading coaching and overall program of Cascade Swim Club (CSC) in a manner consistent with the Board’s direction and agreed-on Club philosophy. This position is responsible for creating and executing a strategy for CSC’s continuing success for all levels of swimmers, and organizing a qualified coaching staff to conduct the swimming program. The Executive Director – Head Coach will have responsibility for coaching at least 1 practice group and performing administrative duties as assigned by the Board.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop, design and implement a coaching program that ensures consistent standards across the entire team, with emphasis on stroke technique, physical conditioning, and competitive success.
- Create appropriate training programs, and periodically evaluate and ensure that progress towards goals are made.
- Work closely with assistant coaches to develop an integrated and consistent program for age group and developmental swimmers with an emphasis on stroke technique.
- Help each swimmer develop short and long-range goals and motivate them to reach their goals.
- Develop strength and flexibility program for all practice groups as appropriate.
- Attend meets with Cascade Swim Club swimmers registered and be responsible for other coach(es) attending all other meets with Cascade swimmers. Ensure coaching staff is on deck at all meets
- Provide a time and/or opportunity for communication with parents and swimmers regarding personal goals and Cascade’s program.
- Be responsible for supervising, mentoring and evaluating the coaching staff.
- Be responsible for hiring and, if necessary, terminating coaching staff.
- Recruit qualified coaching staff, utilizing appropriate vehicles for advertising (e.g., PNs, website, etc.)
- Provide an annual evaluation no later than the end of April of each assistant coach utilizing written evaluation forms.
- Responsible for preparing the team schedule for workouts and meets for the year and keeping the Board abreast of any changes to the schedule.
- Negotiate with local Parks and Recreation Departments and pools for lane time.
- Retain full oversight for any administrative duties delegated to coaches.
- Attend all Board meetings and provide written recommended actions for Board consideration.
- Assist swimmers in researching and understanding potential collegiate swimming opportunities; and provide individualized written and/or verbal recommendations as requested and appropriate.
- Maintain positive and cooperative relations with all local, state, and national swimming organizations and community organizations, including local high school and summer league coaches
- Represent CASCADE at GSSA, PNS, King County Aquatics, and our Section of USA swimming by active participation in the LSC.
- Provide coach input and content to club communications as needed
- Work closely with the Board to ensure that all Club administrative activities are effectively carried out.
- Coordinate and/ or delegate administration of entries for swims meets.
- Work with the CSC Board of Directors to develop and carry out CSC policy per CSC handbook.
- Develop and supervise all stroke and turn work provided by coaching staff to promote high quality technical development of all swimmers.
- Establish frequent communications to team on a variety of topics such as updates, training tips, meet preparation, injury prevention, nutrition etc.
- Promote and maintain positive club morale and maintain club discipline.
- Maintain positive relationships with other teams, GSSA, PNS, and USA swimming.
- Strive to maximize the potential and development of each swimmer in a supportive atmosphere
- Will participate in Board initiated annual evaluation and mid-year check-ins of Executive Director- Head Coach job performance
- Attend at least one USA Swimming sponsored continuing education course annually. This will be paid for by the club.
- Minimum 7-10 years of Coaching experience
- ASCA Level 4 Certification or equivalent experience is strongly preferred
- Experience in building an organizational model, processes and inclusive culture that supports a multi-site operation
- Strong leader and developer of swimmers and coaches – both in and out of the water
- Proven track record for inspiring excellence at all skill levels with strong skills in development and motivational techniques
- Seasoned experience in designing, implementing and evolving training and conditioning programs to support multiple levels of athletes
- Strong skills in community building and outreach
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships within the aquatics community
- Solid planning and administration skills
- Certifications in Lifesaving, first aid, CPR
This is a year-round, full-time salaried position offering full benefits, with compensation based on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
Email resume to [email protected]