Applications due 03/31/18
Working with the SVP/COO, the Director of Competitive Swimming will be responsible for the vision, philosophy, administration and operation of the JETS Swim Team association-wide. Includes the budget planning, annual fundraising, development and administration of staff/coach recruitment, staff/coach training, yearly/association-wide team goals for all groups. Supervises and leads the Head Age Group Coach, Lead Site Coaches and all assistant coaches, and assists direction of all other Y staff supporting the JETS Swim team, including and not limited to training plans, progress reports and parent engagement. Works with the marketing team to raise awareness of the JETS team to recruit new swimmers and retain current swimmers. Communicates and educates families, swimmers, coaches and staff regarding policies and goals. Facilitates and strengthens relationship with JCSA Parent Board, including advisory board recruitment.
- Directs, organizes, and supervises all competitive swimming activities to meet YMCA objectives. Plans seasons, conducts practices for, at minimum, high school and senior level athletes and attends both regular season and championship meets.
- Assures that coaching staff plans seasons, conducts practices for age group and developmental levels, and attend meets.
- Plan training and swim meet schedule, execute entries, facilitate running tryouts and hosted meets with JCSA and volunteers. Schedule and secure practice locations.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with athletes, parents, and coaches; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA. Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Recruits, hires, trains, sets schedules for, and directs coaching personnel accordingly. Annually reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate and retain staff in addition to achieve program goals and objectives. Assures recruitment, training, development, of volunteer support, including officials.
- Manages JETS online presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Team Unify, etc, in compliance with Y-USA Brand Standards. Coordinates with Metro Marketing Department as needed.
- Creates educational opportunities for parents and swimmers such as clinics, presentations and meetings. Communicates with staff at host locations to inform of practices, meets, and other swimming related events.
- Conveys information and schedules as appropriate, including communication with parents regarding policies, reminders, progress reports and common questions.
- Responds to all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Facilitates the registration process for the JETS, including providing applicable forms and reference materials to membership staff at all team locations and setting up online registration through Team Unify. Manages collections of any dues and/or fees for service.
- Know and interact with all athletes, coaches and parents.
- Communicates effectively and collaborates with each location host branch staff.
- Coordinates activities, alongside JCSA, to promote JETS competitive and social activities.
- Assures compliance with YMCA Swimming & Diving and USA Swimming.
- Coordinates, schedules and leads staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
How to Apply
Email resume to [email protected]
749 Houbolt Rd
Joliet IL. 60431