Applications due 10/15/19
Location: 65 High Street, Metuchen, NJ, USA
POSITION: Director of Competitive Aquatics
Under the supervision of the Senior Aquatic Director, the Head Swim Team Coach will be responsible for the overall organization, management and daily operations of the swim team. He/she will work in tandem with the Senior Aquatic Director to establish policies in keeping with the YMCA mission and goals and will incorporate the character developments values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility into the team.
Minimum of age 21
5 years of coaching experience
Current CPR, First-Aid, Lifesaving, Oxygen certifications
Completion of coach’s safety training and YMCA Competitive Swim training
ASCA, level 3 certification or higher
Excellent communication skills
- Give leadership to the YMCA of MEWSA Swim Team, including developing and promoting the team across the association.
- Ensure all team members are coached using positive coaching and mentoring skills.
- Actively recruits participants and development meaningful, productive relationships with swimmers and families.
- Develops, manages, and supervises summer swim team at the Oakcrest summer facility.
- Ensure all all Senior and Assistant Coaches are utilizing the workouts as designed.
- Ensure all practices, meets and meetings are scheduled and articulated to swimmers, parents, staff and those with a need to know.
- Instill a culture of safety, ensuring all child abuse prevention policies as well as the Safe Sport Act requirements are strictly adhered to.
- In conjunction with the Senior Aquatic Director, recruit, train, manage and, evaluate staff and volunteers.
- Manage stroke development summer camp across the association
- Develops and delivers off season swim clinics to foster continued relationships with swimmers and families.
- Implement and continuously grow the Master Swim program.
- Create and implement specialized programs such as triathlon club, synchronized swimming, water polo, Special Olympics.
- Recruits dry-land coaches and ensures they are working in tandem with the Swim Team coaches and program.
- Onboarding and payroll for the competitive staff.
- Work in tandem with aquatic directors and the branch leadership.
- Design workouts for each level of swimmer using the YMCA of MEWSA Swim Team Software.
- Maintains a current team roster, ensuring all information is accurate and up-to-date.
- Maintain individual meet results on a timely basis.
- Attend all swim team functions and represent the team in a professional, positive manner.
- Ensure assistant coaches, team mangers, team members, and parents are acting in a professional, positive manner and quickly redirecting behavior that does not align with the mission and values of the MEWSA Swim Team.
- Clearly and accurately communicate any concerns with the Senior Aquatic Director or Branch Director of Operations.
- Prepare, promote and manage swim meets and volunteer leadership for all levels of swimmers during the indoor and outdoor seasons.
- Enhance the overall program with a combination of written and verbal communications that will keep swimmers and parents apprised of team activities and policies.
- Ensure the four core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility are delivered at all times.
- Maintain the upkeep, cleanliness and proper pool usage during the swim team program time.
- Work closely with the Swim Team Parents Association President and Swim Team Coordinator.
- Ensure there is a culture of a member and family friendly environment at all times.
PHYSICAL REQURIEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal amounts of walking, standing, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, ability to tolerate aquatic area conditions of humidity, evening and weekend hours may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
How to Apply
Email resume to Andres Gallego [email protected]