Applications due 02/26/21
Date posted: February 9, 2021
Location: Bridgewater, NJ, USA
Greater Somerset County YMCA is seeking a dynamic, inspiring leader to direct our nationally-ranked swim team and continue their success. The nine-time NJYMCA State Champion swim team has 500+ swimmers with a legacy of success regionally and nationally with swimmers having achieved Olympic Trials and Junior National Teams. Our swim team is a Silver Medal program recognized by USA Swimming as one of the top-200 teams in the nation. The swimmers ages range from 6 to 18 years and the team competes year-round in YMCA and USA-sanctioned meets.
The Director of Competitive Aquatics reports to the Branch Executive Director and develops, organizes and implements a high quality, member-focused YMCA competitive aquatics program with the objective to develop enthusiastic, dedicated swimmers that enable growth as individuals, achieve their goals as swimmers, and expand their overall potential in a safe and supportive environment.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs highly competent coaching staff team. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Develops, manages and reforecasts program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
- Maintains and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information. Organizes and schedules program registrations. Coordinate team and coaches’ schedules at multi-site locations.
- Develops Team Vision, Annual Calendar of Events, and staff training and executes on all operational and administrative functions.
- Develops and maintains strong relationship with Competitive Swimming Parent Committee and sub committees. Serves as staff liaison for Parent Committee and sub committees with support from other coaching staff.
- Provides college recruitment support for team athletes.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of, and participation in, program and staffing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent relevant experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years related supervisory experience as a Head Coach or Associate Swim Team Director
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Certification requirements upon date of hire include:
- American Swim Coaches Association certification
- USA Swimming Athlete Protection training
- Lifeguarding or Safety Training for Swim Coaches (ARC Lifeguard certification preferred)
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
FULL TIME BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance partially subsidized by the YMCA
- 12% Retirement contribution after eligibility period
- 100% contribution towards Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Optional life insurance and dependent life insurance available at low rates
- Up to 50% discount on Child Care and Programs
- Community volunteering opportunities
- Paid Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
- Complimentary Family Membership with access to five association locations and to over 2,500 YMCA locations nationwide
Greater Somerset County YMCA is a drug free work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome all applicants who share our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
How to Apply
Apply for Director of Competitive Aquatics using the link below: