Applications due 05/15/18
We are in search of dynamic and enthusiastic individuals to come and be a part of the greatest swim camp in the world…….The Bolles 2018 Swim Camp.
Since the Bolles School Sharks inception over 40yrs ago in 1977 we have promoted excellence at all levels of swimming and are very proud of our athletes that have left a legacy of TRADITION IN EXCELLENCE.
The Bolles School Sharks have also made a significant impact on the national and international swimming scene. The Sharks had their first national finalist in 1980. Since that time the Bolles Sharks swimmers have captured 23 individual national championships and 16 relay championships as well as 34 team championships. Bolles Sharks swimmers have won at the World Championships, Asian games, Pam Am Games, Southeast Asian Games, World University Games, and the Olympic Games, as well as many other international meets. Over 100 members of the Bolles Sharks family have represented the United States and other countries in international competition traveling to Aruba, Australia, Brazil, Canada,China, Columbia, Croatia, Ecuador, East Germany, France, Guam, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Korea, Holland, Israel, Laos, Mexico, The Philippines, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Spain, Thailand and West Germany. The Bolles Sharks tradition in excellence serves as a foundation upon which to build for even greater success in the future. We look forward to seeing our swimmers continue their dominance at the local level and further their achievements at the regional, national and international levels.
Purpose: These positions are seasonal employees under the supervision of the Swim Camp Director. The main responsibility of these positions is to enthusiastically lead a group of campers in having an enjoyable, safe, and enriching swim camp experience. The Swim Camp Counselors will also have the opportunity to learn about coaching and swimming from the Bolles School Sharks swim team coaches.
- Take primary responsibility for the health, well-being and happiness of campers
- Assist our year-round coaches on the pool deck during each swim practice
- Each counselor will be responsible for daily rotation of office duties: to include the check in/out of campers and dorm supervision
- Recognize and respond appropriately to opportunities for group problem solving
- Provide opportunities for the group so that each individual experiences success while at camp
- Supervise, assist instructors and actively participate in all aspects of the campers’ day
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behavior-management techniques
- Meet/communicate regularly with Director regarding concerns, updates, challenges
- Provide parents appropriate feedback and information as needed for their campers to have a successful camp experience
- Maintain positive relationships with campers by showing sensitivity to campers’ emotional needs and problem solving any camper issues effectively
- Encourage respect for other campers’ personal property, school property, camp equipment and facilities
- Abide by all of The Bolles Swim camp policies and procedures as well as the standards set forth by the coaches’ safety training
- Set a good example for campers, including cleanliness, punctuality, respect, rules and demeanor
- Plan and participate in all camp activities with a positive attitude
- Execute all emergency procedures with safety of campers as the first concern
How to Apply
For the full job description please click here. All applications must be submitted through The Bolles School job site, located here.
The Swim Camp Counselor is provided lodging and food on The Bolles School campus at no cost. This is a 6 week paid position, counselors will be required to report to work on June 8, 2018 and stay through July 22, 2018.
Coach Jeff Pishko
7400 San Jose Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32217