Date posted: June 8, 2021
Location: Washington University in St. Louis, Brookings Dr, St. Louis, MO, USA
Washington University’s department of Athletics is searching for a Full-Time Assistant Swimming and Diving Coach. Washington University (WashU) is a selective, private research institution that was founded in 1853 with highly ranked undergraduate programs and top ranked graduate programs. Washington University has a world-renowned reputation with core values that reflect its commitment to hiring and retaining individuals with a diversity of talents, perspectives and experiences.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and team-oriented coach who is excited to help our swimming and diving program to be its very best. This position that will look for a coach to assist with coaching, organizing, administering and developing a successful intercollegiate men’s and women’s swimming & diving team. Complying with all rules and regulations of the NCAA, the University Athletic Association, Washington University, and the Department of Athletics.
This is a full-time, 10 month academic-year position.
We are looking for a team member who has an ability to communicate with and interact positively with students, faculty, staff and the broader University community. Somebody who is collaborative, organized, and who will enthusiastically work with a variety of staff/personnel in the Department of Athletics, the University and the local community.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and recruit prospective student-athletes to Washington University by identifying academically qualified and athletically talented prospective student-athletes, communicating and building relationships with prospects, parents, and coaches.
- Coordinating campus recruiting visits. Instruct team members, individually and in groups, in sport-related skills and techniques.
- Assist in planning and implementing of all aspects of the Swimming & Diving program, including team organization and composition, player selection and evaluation, practice planning and supervision, and competition planning, scouting and strategy.
- Represent the University at campus, alumni, and community functions, staff meetings, Student Affairs meetings, and other required events.
- Participate directly and/or advise the Head Coach on matters related to team discipline, player counseling, etc., requiring discretion, sound decision-making and independent judgment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and/or supervising athletic administrator.
- Manage aspects of the budget as assigned, ability to maintain and submit budget lines and travel documents in a timely manner.
- Organize, market, and coach at youth camps, youth clinics, and other camps as needed.
- Organize and create itineraries for all aspects of team travel.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous coaching and/or college swimming & diving participation experience.
- Successful passage of annual NCAA rules test; current CPR, AED and First Aid certifications; Valid driver’s license with less than six points.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, coach and teach talented student-athletes at a highly selective institution.
- Master’s degree.
- At least three years’ college coaching experience in the sport of swimming & diving.
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of using video editing programming.
- Experience, knowledge, and understanding of using recruiting software.
- Effective communication and public relation skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills and ability to maintain deadlines.
- Competent knowledge of sport specific techniques, skill development and competition planning.
- An understanding of how to build and manage a team.
- The ability to understand and articulate program needs.
- Demonstrated competency in helping to meet program objectives, working independently, supervising others, and helping to establish program priorities.
- An ability to communicate with and interact positively with students, faculty, staff and the broader University community.
- Knowledge in the operational use of computer and video technology.
- The ability to develop and contribute to a safe and functional working environment.
- An appreciation of and a willingness to adhere to the NCAA Division III philosophy, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to provide competent suggestions in relation to game/meet/event and practice analysis.
- Ability to follow directions and accept decisions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of staff/personnel in the Department of Athletics, the University and the local community.
- Capable of managing and balancing multiple projects at once.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Washington University is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and faculty and their families. The position is eligible for full-time benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
How to Apply
You may apply for this position by visiting: https://jobs.wustl.edu
Job ID# 52250
330 N. Big Bend Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63130