The Pomona-Pitzer Swimming and Diving program is currently seeking a Part-Time Assistant Swimming Coach. This position will serve both the Men’s and Women’s teams and will report to both the Head Coach and Associate Head Coach. The position is part-time over the course of the 2018-19 academic year (approximately 40 weeks). Primary expectations will include:
- Investing in the success of the Pomona-Pitzer Swim & Dive program
- Assisting with the planning, writing and coaching of daily workouts
- Providing support for a diverse group of team members in and out of the pool.
- Fostering an environment that supports equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Assist with administrative responsibilities including scheduling, budgets, clothing & equipment purchase, travel and keeping practice and competition statistics.
- Manage the operation of home swim meets.
- Assisting in the recruitment of top-quality students to both Pomona and Pitzer Colleges
- Other duties as assigned by Head Coach or Associate Head Coach.
Collegiate swimming or collegiate coaching experience is strongly preferred.
1-3 years of swim coaching experience at any level is preferred.
Familiarity with NCAA Division III rules and recruiting guidelines is required
The department is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for underrepresented students.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are asked to email a cover letter, resume and reference list to:
Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach
Email: [email protected]
Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Pomona College is an equal opportunity employer and especially invites applications from women and members of underrepresented groups.
220 East 6th St.
Claremont, CA 91711