Date posted: July 10, 2023
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY, USA
Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach/Aquatics Manager
Department: Athletics and Physical Education
Duration of Position: Academic year / Full time
Employee Type: Administrator
Posting Date: 07/07/2023
Union Representation: Not Applicable
Posting Number: AS398P
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar stands upon the homelands of the Munsee Lenape.Vassar College is deeply committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion, and respect for difference. The College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and especially welcomes applications from veterans, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of racial, ethnic, and other historically underrepresented groups.Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Vassar College invites applications for the position of Assistant Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach/Aquatics Manager. This is a benefit-eligible, ten-month position. The individual will report to the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach and the Associate Athletics Director for Facilities and Events. Weekend, holiday, early morning and/or late evening hours are required.
The successful candidate will assist the head coach in all aspects of a competitive and inclusive NCAA Division III swimming & diving program including, but not limited to:
- On-deck and in-pool instruction for practices and meets
- Creation of practice plans
- Player and team development
- Academic monitoring
- Meet strategies and competitive coaching
- Recruitment and retention of qualified student-athletes
- Budget management
- Team travel
Responsibilities for facilities and events include:
- Assisting the Associate Director of Athletics for Facilities & Events in the administration of Kresge Pool, event management, and other duties
- Assisting in the day to day operations of the pool to include scheduling and upkeep of the facility
- Overseeing and coordinating the recruitment, hiring, training, scheduling, certification, daily supervision of student and professional lifeguards
- Participating in budget preparation and management of the annual operating budget for the pool
- Ensuring the pool is compliant with all local, state and national requirements and current on all necessary certifications required for operation
- Providing oversight of pre-meet set up and clean up for all home swimming and diving competition
- Other facilities duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and coaching and/or swimming experience at the collegiate level is required. Knowledge and compliance with NCAA and league rules and regulations are required.
- Certification in CPR, AED, First Aid, and lifeguarding is necessary but can be obtained through Vassar College as needed.
- A valid driver’s license and the successful result of a background check are mandatory.
How to Apply
Special Instructions to Applicants
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3 professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format. Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
All applicants must apply online at: https://apptrkr.com/4372748.