Applications due 07/28/18
Iona College seeks applications for Assistant Coach Swimming and Diving, a full time 12-month position. In accordance with all NCAA, Conference and College policies and procedures, the position will report to the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming Coach and the duties include assisting, developing, identifying with the Head Coach with all aspects of recruiting; daily planning and training of team members; developing and assisting with dry-land and strength program and to coordinate same with staff of strength and conditioning; assist in all aspects of administrative duties (i.e. NCAA rules and compliance; travel coordination and departmental meetings, etc); alumni relations and fund raising development; supplement and support Director of Aquatics with administrative operational support as required and other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all relevant institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations are followed including, but not limited to: player eligibility, recruiting, financial student aid, scheduling and academic progress.
- Recruiting coordinator: Recruit quality athletes capable of pursuing the baccalaureate degree in accordance with the rules and regulations of the governing bodies and in such a manner that reflects the best’s interests of the program and the university.
- Coordinate with Head Coach for the development of recruiting weekends, including promotion, travel, speakers, student hosts, meals, class attendance and administrative meetings.
- Travel Coordinator: Plan and coordinate travel in conjunction with athletic department coordinator. Create and distribute itinerary for all team travel.
- On deck coaching: Assist Head Coach in all aspects of planning and implementing daily work outs.
- Assist and coordinate with Head Coach and Strength and Conditioning Staff workout programs for pre-season, in-season and post season.
- Work with Assistant Director of Athletic Facilities as needed to ensure coordination of events scheduling.
- Assist with routine maintenance of timing and scoreboard systems.
- Assist the Head Swimming and Diving coach in all fundraising activities for the swimming and diving program, keeping in mind the goal set forth by the Athletics Director for the program.
- Participate in annual continuing education pertaining to NCAA rules.
- Relate in a positive and effective manner with officials, opponents’ coaching staff, high school coaches, parents, media and the public.
- Demonstrate sincere interest and provide strong leadership in the personal, athletics, and academic development of student athletes.
- Provide information relating to the accomplishments and endeavors of the team and individual team members and Alumni to the Associate Athletics Director of Sports Information.
- Assist the Head Swimming and Diving Coach in preparing eligibility documentation for submittal to the Associate Athletics Director – Compliance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by the Head Swimming and Diving Coach.
- Collaborate with Head Coach on ensuring budgetary compliance
Education: B.S. degree required from a recognized college or university. Master’s preferred
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of collegiate swimming and diving coaching experience.
Specialized Skills: Experience coaching at the college, high school or equivalent club level; meet management background; computer skills including Word, Excel and Hy-Tek software and competitive background. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Competence in leadership, and decision making. Excellent interpersonal skills. Strong initiative, detail and follow up skills with students athletes and staff members. Demonstrates professional image on and off the field. Skills in counseling, and mentoring athletes.
Physical Requirements: Work is performed in a coaching, athletic, competitive indoor environment. Must be in excellent physical health to handle fast pace environment. Able to stand for long, extended periods of time.
Job Location: New Rochelle, New York, United States
How to Apply
715 North Avenue
New Rochelle, NY