Location: 931 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster, PA, USA
Full time, year round position responsible for providing training and guidance to foster skill development and teamwork among student-athletes, facilitating the integration of athletics into each student’s educational experience. This position is also responsible for overseeing all activities, programs and maintenance of the Kunkel Aquatics Center.
Primary responsibilities as Assistant/Associate Swimming Coach include:
- Implementing and maintaining a standard of performance consistent with the College’s goals of academic and athletic excellence;
- Assisting the Head Coach in developing effective training and meeting strategies and managing the sports program within budgetary guidelines;
- Assisting with the planning and coordinating of both on and off campus student-athlete recruitment activities;
- Providing assistance in scheduling practices and meets and communicating those schedules to departmental personnel as required;
- Conducting all programs within the guidelines of the NCAA and Centennial Conference;
- Assuring facilities and equipment are prepared in advance of practice sessions and meets.
Primary responsibilities as Aquatics Director include:
- Overseeing and coordinating the recruitment, training, scheduling, certification, and performance of student employees of the facility;
- Overseeing the maintenance and effective operation of the McGinness Pool;
- Coordinating a variety of aquatics programs for students, faculty, staff and/or members of the general public;
- Assisting in the production and management of swimming meets including NCAA, high school, USA Swimming and YMCA sanctioned competitions.
As with all members of the College, the Assistant/Associate Swimming Coach and Aquatics Director must maintain positive and professional relations with students, athletes, alumni, the media, and Franklin & Marshall College sports fans.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous coaching experience including at least 5 years of lifeguarding experience;
- Thorough knowledge and conscientious adherence to the rules and regulations of the NCAA, the Centennial Conference and Title IX;
- Current certifications in Water Safety Instruction, Advanced Lifesaving, and Adult CPR and Community First Aid;
- Knowledge of optimal swimming pool water chemistry, temperature, and cleanliness standards;
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations/policies/guidelines for the operation of public swimming pools and public baths is required;
- The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
Because this position requires driving for College business, the successful candidate must possess a U.S. or Canadian driver’s license which has been valid for at least two years, have a driving record that is free from excessive motor vehicle violations within the last three years, and have had no convictions in the last 24 months for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Because this position works with minors (non F&M students under the age of 18) mandatory training must be completed prior to working with minors. The online training course must be completed at least once every two years by faculty, staff and Franklin & Marshall students who interact with minors.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, Pennsylvania ACT 153 background clearances, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit http://www.fandm.edu/jobs.