Location: 320 East Broadway, Waukesha, WI, USA
Under the direction of the Waukesha Aquatics Director and in accordance with Association policies, the Aquatics Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the planning, development, supervision and administration of all aquatic programming at the Waukesha YMCA. The Aquatics Coordinator will assist with the implementation of innovative swim lesson curriculum and activities. They will supervise, develop, coach and train staff to ensure that participant’s development occurs in a fun, healthy and safe environment. The Aquatics Coordinator will also assist in achieving program enrollment goals as well as program quality.
- Assists in the supervision of program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives.
- Assists with developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with community organizations.
- Assists with recruitment, hiring, training, developing and scheduling of personnel and volunteers as needed.
- Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Ensures records of staff certifications are current and complete.
- Monitors daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations.
- Conducts life guarding, swim instruction, First Aid and CPR training.
- Provides direct service, as needed, to the Aquatics department operations – teaching lessons and life guarding. Evening and weekend shifts are required work shifts.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
- Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
- Participates in Aquatics Cabinet meetings.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in aquatic programs.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Emphatically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Minimum of one year experience in successful program management that includes staff supervision with a preferred background in aquatics.
- Current certifications required in American Red Cross or YMCA Lifeguarding, CPR for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid.
- Preferred candidate will be certified as a Lifeguard Instructor and Swim Lesson Instructor trainer or be willing to obtain these certifications within six months of hire.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills and have a positive history of leadership in the areas of staff, volunteer and program development, management and operational procedures.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Work schedule availability must include evenings and weekends.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
How to Apply
Apply online at gwcymca.org
320 E Broadway
Waukesha, WI 53186