Northland United is a looking for qualified swim coaches who love the sport and being part of a dynamic team. NLU is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization recognized as a USA Swimming Level 3 program operating at three locations in the Kansas City area. We operate out of the Park Hill Aquatic center in the Kansas City Northland.
The NLU Swim Coach is responsible for planning, managing and directing age group swim practices of approximately 25-30 swimmers; Specifically duties shall include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Develop daily, weekly and season practice plan – dryland too;
- Coaching, guiding, and providing feedback to student athletes
- Comprehensive knowledge of the rules, fundamentals and technique of swimming in all four strokes;
- Maintain current CPR/AED and First Aid certification.
- Complete all trainings to comply with USA Swimming requirements.
- Develop and facilitate age level appropriate practices while maintain a conducive and safe environment.
- Develop positive relations with swimmers, parents and the NLU Board of Directors. This includes proper dress, language, demeanor and relations.
- Use of proper judgment to assess skills, aptitude, interest, citizenship, future ability and temperament for placement and continued enrollment on the team.
- Competitive swimming or coaching experience is preferred
- Availability Hours: Monday – Friday 4-7pm; Saturdays 6-10am;
- 15-20 hours per week; Competitive pay $12-$15 per hour;
- All USA Swimming credentials and background check required, NLU will assist with cost in attaining.
How to Apply
Send resume to Head Coach Mike Ballard at [email protected] and Cari Stammler, NLU President at [email protected]